Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • How can people be so cruel to a dog
  • PiknMix
    Free Member

Toys, unfortunate choice of moral name but yeah 😉

also learnt something today which is always good.

toys19
    Free Member

Ha Pik n mix! Sorry!

wrecker
    Free Member

(i was talking about animals, honest)

Couldn’t care less. Not only am i simple, I dont suffer fools gladly.
    Funny how people reinforce your views isn’t it?

D0NK

Seriously I was talking about the animals, wasn’t calling you stupid wrecker.

maybe I should have used the word “uncomplicated”

wrecker
    Free Member

I much prefer uncomplicated thanks. 😀

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I feel just as bad when anyone is treated badly, they don’t have to be vulnerable to be more deserving of my empathy and compassion. If it was your eyes being poked out with a red hot poker or the eyes of a child, it’s just as bad..

Absolutely. I never been unable to understand why we put so much more value on the lives of certain people/animals over others, but I do understand that as human beings we naturally tend to feel more protective (and therefore more horrified when we hear about abuse etc) over those we deem unable to protect/defend themselves in the same manner fully able, fully grown humans can.

It’s flawed but I think it’s probably why we have that automatic reaction to certain things happening to certain people/animals.

toys19
    Free Member

Indeed, it’s a gut/kneejerk reaction. I feel the same, but pretty soon (like milliseconds) after, your civilised rational brain kicks in. Unless you are Frank Regza ..

bruk

Guess part of the concern with cruelty to animals is that it is a recognised link to cruelty to humans. Many indications that people often start with animals and go on to abuse people.

Was at a course run by the RSPCA several years ago where one of the topics was non accidental injuries to pets and how to look for them and report them.

Do think that for some people lots of social contact is difficult for many reasons and they often seek company and reward from animals as they are less complicated.

D0NK

I never been unable to understand why we put so much more value on the lives of certain people/animals over others

dunno maybe it’s some innate nurturing thing but I can totally see the value placed on the lives of children. They are innocents, full life ahead of them etc etc. Animals would also be classed as innocent but they aren’t people. No idea what figures are worldwide but pretty sure the majority of the 1st world population eat animals, we just get a bit capricious about which ones we eat and which ones we go “awwww” at.

butcher

I’m not sure it’s a protective thing. Or that some lives are more important than others. It’s the mindset of someone who does something like this.

I mean, if you’re waltzing down the street, and you call someone a ****, and they stab you, as out of order it may be, that’s karma. If someone mugs you, and gives you a good kicking to aid their venture, it’s because they need to feed themselves / their habits. There’s reason. If you lure in a trusting animal purely to torture them for entertainment, that’s just sick.

ncfenwick
    Free Member

Why would anyone want to look at the footage?

philconsequence
    Free Member

death threats?

you do realise you’ve just been elevated to ‘big hitter’ status. now its time to get yourself banned and send abusive emails to the mods

binners

COOL!!! Can I buy the T shirt now….

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’m going to be completely honest here and say perhaps rather naively that I had never made the link between animal cruelty/human cruelty.

binners

There’s a lot of evidence of serial killers torturing animals as children. Normally as an outlet resulting from their own abuse

beefheart
    Free Member

Hitler however was a dog lover.

kimbers

just seen this on facebook, heineken anyone?

its quite unpleasant so sorry if i upset anyone.

DezB
    Free Member

Wow kimbers, thats pretty sick. i bet it wasn’t a Heineken sponsored event really!

juan
    Free Member

Well I wonder if people get that upset toward all the insects that get set on fire every day…?

jimmy

Mmmmm, Heineken.

loum
    Free Member

On the subject of the picture (from April):
    That’s a club in Mongolia.
    They have a night in which Heineken sponsors the drink promotions.
    The next day, they have an illegal dog fighting meet.
    Somebody takes a picture.
    Text was added, the pic went viral, Heineken responded.

Personally, I tend to believe them when they say they don’t sponsor illegal dog-fighting.

kimbers

heineken apparently blamed it on a local distributor

druidh
    Free Member

Carlsberg don’t do dog fighting.

But if they did…..

khani
    Free Member

😆 LOL 😆

bruk

The Macdonald Triad of fire-setting, animal cruelty and persistent bed wetting beyond the age of 5 has been mostly discredited as a measure of sociopathic tendencies but there are still lots of studies out here which do link animal cruelty to violence in later life.

PiknMix
    Free Member

it would seem that I have learnt several new things today, Thanks.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘How can people be so cruel to a dog’ is closed to new replies.