Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • How can I turn £500 into £1000
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

On the nose or each way? Came in 3rd I think.

Blimey my clock must be slow?

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Yeah I was being a 'div' and read the 'predictor' on a site as being the result…

…or I do have that time machine. 😉

uplink
    Free Member

On the nose or each way?

I reckon it'll be too short for EW

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

On the nose, . . . comeonmebeauty!!!!!!

Olly
    Free Member

Are you any good at tuning full sus frames?

beat me to it.

how long does it take you to strip and service all the pivots in a tired kona?

add a rattle can paint job and Kaesae has a competitor!

uplink
    Free Member

On the nose, . . . comeonmebeauty!!!!!!

won at 13/8 😀

see! – that would have turned your 500 into 1300

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Yehaaaa . . . got better odds than that, 7/2 I'm now £22.50 richer!!

Cheers Uplink!

MrNutt
    Free Member

astonishing!

uplink
    Free Member

If you win, I might go and buy £500 of lottery tickets!

Mike – If I were you, I'd go to the newsagents at a quiet time – else the single mums queuing up for a couple of dozen scratch cards will get annoyed

😀

skidartist
    Free Member

Buy on the classifieds, sell on eBay
    🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

How did it go Lyons?

Are you quids in now?

uplink
    Free Member

Only if he listened to my tip

I won't be giving any more though it drives the price down

So far this year I've had 3 bets & won on them all 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A coleague used to go to the bookies every lunchtime, check the next 10 or so events/races for any with a clear favourite,

e.g. a dog race
    1) 2/1
    2) 1/10
    3) 3/20
    4) 1/8
    5) 1/7

Bet on number 1 as he/she is miles ahead of the competition, tenner each lunchtime, and Bob's your mothers brother. Obviously you don't win them all, but you can win significanlty more than you loose just by betting on a clear favourite.

nickc

Still think the cocaine route is the best idea here, £500 will get you about 20grammes plus a bit of bicarb from the co-op, quick shoogy, double the quantity, down the club, Robert's your fathers brother, easy grand… Indoor work, no heavy lifting. No wonder it's so popular.

toys19
    Free Member

I used to go to the bookies with a tenner. Betting 50p each way on rank outsiders on the dogs. I would often reinvest my winnings, once came home with 500 notes, often lost everything in a short period of time…

uplink
    Free Member

I have half a dozen or so bets each year but only when I'm told to 😉

albino
    Free Member

Any more hot tips Uplink?? 🙂

Reselling on Ebay is not as good as it used to be, although final prices often look good the high fees often take care of any real profit…
    Check out the unofficial Ebay calculator:
    http://ecal.altervista.org/en/fee_calculator/ebay.co.uk/

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I have half a dozen or so bets each year but only when I'm told to

what a tease!

I've made a couple of quid on in live betting, keeps the coffers ticking over and won a few quid on a basketball game last night too!

uplink
    Free Member

Any more hot tips Uplink

No

Next time I get told that a horse will be 'trying very hard today' – I'm keeping it to myself
    I gave the last one away here in a mad moment – if you missed that, tough 🙂

Just remember though – there's no such thing as a dead cert

Northwind

Buy something complete, which sells for more in bits. Only do this if you really know what you're doing and you have time to burn.

Example (this is what I've done a few times now with good success)

Buy blown up motorbike engine with known issue. Complete value, scrap weight only, £10 or so.
    2) Sell pistons and barrels if intact for £30
    3) Sell cylinder heads for £50
    4) Sell engine cases for £60
    5) Sell clutch for £40
    6) Sell whatever's left and servicable for whatever you can.
    7) if you have enough leftover, weigh it in for pretty much the same as what you paid for the whole thing in the first place.

Obviously works for other things that aren't motorbike engines, there's all sorts of things that have more value in bits than complete, and just need patience and the relevant skill to make money off.

dyna-ti

Buying to sell is the only way to increase it that much.
    I more or less pay my electricity and gas bills by doing this.Got to work at it though.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Remember you can make crack cocaine in your microwave! Do you think OP is banged up since no reply? he took the advice about dealing … whoops!!

hitman
    Free Member

Seriously, try spread betting – you could make £500 in a few days but then again you could lose it as well. Still interested? If so try http://www.iii.co.uk
    By the way I have no affiliation with the company but use them myself for investment purposes.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I would ask my sister, she probably has £500 lying around.

chakaping
    Free Member

Get in quick before the Mephedrone ban if you don't fancy the cocaine route.

Price certain to rise after ban.

Will be Class B not Class A so you'll do less time if you get nicked.

Macavity
    Free Member

Northwind has the best one yet.
    It can work for cars as long as scrap prices stay high.
    List the car on Ebay for breaking, as long as the engine, gearbox, etc are good. The body shell can be taken away by scrap/ breakers. But if scrap prices drop then ………… oh dear.

If inflation starts to increase sharply then even money in the bank becomes high risk, compared with shares.

If there was a way to double your money then it would only take 30 steps to go from £1 to £1000000.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

That Martingale system is quite clever, . . . might give it a shot.

Had the national winner the other day, . . . no great thinking behind it though,
    got 20/1 early sat morning and thought, well it won at Aintree last year and It's high time McCoy had the big win!

I also made some money on betting on Villa not scoring after about the 40th minute, . . .

However I lost my mind and basically bet my £17 PP account balance on Golden State beating LA Clippers,
    an even bet, my bad.

You have to be really strict and self regulating with yourself, and I tend to get carried away!

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

just search ebay listings ending very soon that are very cheap or people who sell decent stuff on buy it now very cheap. then put it back on ebay at a sensible price. I got a thomson post once for £18 in A1 condition (sold for £45), Set of m4's for £60 (sold for £180), Fox 36's for £110 sold for £230) etc etc etc. Or buy bargain parts and build a whole bike, then sell that, £700 profit on my last one 🙂 Ive made around £2500 profit in cash over the last 2 years. Well if I didnt someone else would 😉

Its time consuming but hey, it beats the credit crunch

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘How can I turn £500 into £1000’ is closed to new replies.