Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How can I sync Lotus notes/iphone/outlook
  • MSP

Does anyone know if it is possible to sync the calendars on all three products?

I currently sync my outlook calendar at home with my iphone using icloud, but I could do with also keeping them both in sync with my works lotus notes calendar.

mogrim

No idea, but I just wanted to register my hate for the inventors of Lotus Notes, one of the few pieces of software that make iTunes look good.

andytherocketeer

think LN needed some proprietary plugins to allow syncing with useful external services. not looked for ages though, and might have even been a previous version. might have been google calendar sync that I looked at, then decided it was far too much faff.

thought iphone and blackberry were available though.

I solve that problem by avoiding LN calendar wherever possible.

I’m with mogrim on the LN hate 😉

MSP

I hate notes too, unfortunately our IT decision makers are 15 years behind.

The thing is I keep missing meetings because I am doing real work, but I could do with not missing them because although they are blatantly a complete waste of time, my performance seems to be measured much more on attending them than on my actual skills. So it would be nice if I could sync the reminders from notes to my phone.

andytherocketeer

LN is so pants that even the Help page triggers the MS firewall 😉

Seems it has more functionality built in, eg apple, facebook etc. Assume you attempt to share those (or something) to get the .ics url then in LN File..Import.. but hmmm that wants a local .ics file.

Not syncing though, merely remote access to a shared calendar.

Dunno.

The meeting bits is handy, but also stupid (especially if the chairman reschedules it). No idea how to make LN alarms actually alarm elsewhere (which is what I think you’re after).

TrevorB

We use Notes at work too 🙁
    I use a Notes tool called ‘traveler’ (correct spelling). There is an I Phone version & Android. Its available in the App store.

HTH

Trevor

TrevorB

Here’s a link to a ‘How to’ How to

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Lotus notes – kill it with fire!

jimmy

Seriously, all you Lotus Notes haters want to try administering outlook / exchange after migration from Notes. UTTER TRAIN WRECK. MS have one hell of a marketing dept.

jimmy

Oh, and if your firewalls allow it you can sync pretty much any calendar into notes 8 and above. Natively. Gawwwd I miss notes.

MSP

Exchange is a easy to administer, unless you are still trying to use it like notes, which isn’t Microsoft’s fault. And the end user experience of notes is just plain awful, it is a **** disgrace, the only reason it still exists is because some IT managers are stupid enough to believe in the whole “Microsoft evil empire” bullshit and will saddle themselves with any old crap rather than admit that microsoft have actually got the lead on most enterprise applications.

richmars

Seriously, all you Lotus Notes haters want to try administering outlook / exchange after migration from Notes. UTTER TRAIN WRECK. MS have one hell of a marketing dept.

I’ve heard this before, that Lotus Notes is good to control and administer, and I can see that’s important for organisations. But that’s no excuse for a awful user interface. I haven’t used it for about 5 years, but I can still remember how bad it was.

andytherocketeer

Notes 8 certainly seems to hint at having iCal (or whatever) import/export. Think it was that I looked at before, and googled a lot, only to find you needed some plugin. Not sure I’d use the word “sync”, but then the LN “help” pages are so useless they make a chocolate fireguard look useful.

My brief look this afternoon hints at being able to maintain remote calendars (both ways), but no hints whatsoever about alarms etc. (although they are useless if meetings are rescheduled due to other LN “feature”)

LN was easily the worst s/w ever released for public use. Now demoted to 2nd place by Yahoo Mail.

One of those things that had massive potential, but ended up as just a very expensive email client (and associated server), that’s impossible to find your way around. IMHO.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How can I sync Lotus notes/iphone/outlook’ is closed to new replies.