Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • How can I stop dog fouling?
  • juan
    Free Member

Pee and poo around a wall in town.
    I know the obvious answer is to educate the owners, but bear with me here I am in the south of France, therefore educating people is just not possible.
    So unless I start kicking dogs and owners with a set of bomber, what ca I put that will stop the dog to fulfil their needs around a shop.
    I am looking for something efficient, it really doesn’t have to be dog friendly at all as long as it work.

jam-bo

Get a bigger dog.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Oh dear!
    [fetches biscuits to go with can of stella]

juan
    Free Member

no i don’t want a dog, to be fair I just don’t like dogs at all. Not at all they are dangerous nasty feckers. Plus don’t get me started on the pissing and poing everywhere.

Jamie
    Free Member

My dog has no nose.

How does he smell?

Awful!

juan
    Free Member

Not a troll I really would love an uber-efficient dog-repellent

scaredypants

I suppose you need something to stop ’em sniffing where other dogs have been

pepper/chilli ?
    diesel ?

Or smear bovril on a different wall nearby ?

highclimber
    Free Member

some kind of ultrasonic alarm?

donsimon
    Free Member

[fetches biscuits to go with can of stella]

Pleasure.

Are we talking about any old wall in town? Or the wall to your property?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Juan – I understand you’re not English but you’re spelling in the thread title is appalling.

sc-xc

How can I stop foucking sh1ty dog

Well. You have taken the first step by admitting that you have a problem. Inter-species fornication is not exclusive to the South of France, but it’s certainly rife there.

Perhaps wean yourself off with pictures of cats?

Merlinman

Title amended for avoidance of doubt 🙂

rossi46
    Free Member

How can I stop dog fouling?

Send him off!

Sorry, couldn’t resist 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

but bear with me here I am in the south of France, therefore educating people is just not possible.

There’s no point Merlinman… you can’t teach some people.

Juan – can’t you just ban them?

project
    Free Member

Perhaps leave the cover off a lamppost, so when the dog widdles, it gets electrocuted, happened to a dog near us when i was a kid, not nice, but it stopped the dogs for a long while.

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t French gentleman also urinate in the street? Might be some human collateral damage.

saladdodger
    Free Member

take pictures post em on the local poster walls and shame em

jon1973
    Free Member

take pictures post em on the local poster walls and shame em

Letting your dog poo on the pavement doesn’t seem to be particularly socially unacceptable in France so I’m not sure that would work. I was pretty surprised at how much crap there was all over the place when I went last year. It like it was here 20 years ago.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Jon tbh I have to disagree or perhaps I go to the right places and you go to the wrong, paris ???

I have a place in the Haute Vienne and the area is immaculate and well looked after the locals are realy proud of the area.

perhaps we have different experences

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Pee and poo around a wall in town.

Hasn’t Nice got any motocrottes ? Paris has had them for 30 years. And, they’re a French invention iirc.

Tell the local authority to get some money off Nice’s tight-fisted wealthy residents and buy some.

Although are you sure the offender is canine ?

This geezer looks well sus :

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Jon tbh I have to disagree or perhaps I go to the right places and you go to the wrong, paris ???

I have a place in the Haute Vienne and the area is immaculate and well looked after the locals are realy proud of the area.

perhaps we have different experences

TBF morzine seems pretty covered in dog shit at the moment. it’s disgusting.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘How can I stop dog fouling?’ is closed to new replies.