Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How can i remove logos from rims?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

On WTB KOM rims, its the KOM bit i want to remove, they are not stickers, but maybe laquered on???

Is there some print/cleaning product suitable???

matther01
    Free Member

Not sure sure about KOM rims but I used 100% acetone to remove my graphics off some american classic rims. Took ages and a lot of elbow grease.

Euro
    Free Member

Looking at images i’d say they are printed/painted directly to the rim and anything that’ll remove them will also remove the surrounding paint.

If you really want them gone then..

• Black tape for a crap ghetto quick fix.
    • Spray over the offending area for a slightly better but more faffy fix OR
    • Strip them both and repaint the lot for best results (with plenty of good quality lacquer).

Personally i’d sharpie out the top of the O to make a U , alter the M (making it an N) and add a T at the end.

qwerty
    Free Member

Hmmm

poo

njee20
    Free Member

They won’t be painted, they’ll almost certainly be anodised, so acetone is the way to go, with a lot of elbow grease.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Surely life’s too short?

Euro
    Free Member

Ok so that’s ^^ not one of the images i saw (they had a big KOM) and looks like a large sticker. Scalpel and a steady hand will have that off in no time (depending how handy you are with razor shape precision instruments). Light sanding, paint then lacquer.

Still prefer the KUNT option 😛

unovolo
    Free Member

If your rims are the same as in the image then they definitely appear to be decals.
    If so I’d just peel the whole lot off, never been a big fan of OTT wheel decals, the plainer the better for me.

Get a hairdryer on them to soften up the backing which makes them easier to remove.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How can i remove logos from rims?’ is closed to new replies.