Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • How can I ease my leg muscles?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Any tips.
    I'm racing at 9.30am Saturday and my legs are still feeling heavy.
    What's the best thing I can do tonight to ease them a bit.
    Doesn't help that I'm standing all day, even when on the net.
    Ta.

KT1973
    Free Member

have a bath, then a bit of gentle stretching

MRanger156
    Free Member

Compression tights.

oldgit
    Free Member

Don't own any.

NikNak7890
    Free Member
    mattp
    Free Member

yoga

bags of frozen peas or ice [on the muscles]

hot bath

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Foam roller (like this ).

Hurts like you wouldn't believe (unless you've ever had a really hard deep tissue massage session), but does a really good job of massaging all the shite out of the muscles.

sofatester
    Free Member

Go for a swim in a pool of milk, then drink it all with some chocolate powder!

zaskar
    Free Member

Protein!

and ice baths!

Try some very light cycling now at walking speed.

How did you get that sore prior to a race???!! 😯

If you are not sore but stiff, deep heat from your chemist and some japanese massage women!

grantway
    Free Member

Stretch your Amstrings and also stretch your piriformis
    warm bath and also applying a hot water bottle to the areas

Joxster
    Free Member

Or just HTFU and grow a pair. If you're finding it a little bit hard on the old leggsy weggsys then it's time to don the pipe and slippers and watch country file.

😉

vdubber67
    Free Member

How did you get that sore prior to a race???!!

This is rather a good point. 😉

Anyway, try lying on the floor with your legs up against a wall for 10 mins.

oldgit
    Free Member

Did a fast 100K followed by a steady 35k Sunday. And what I thought was an easy off road Tuesday but it clearly wasn't
    And I'm stood up all day at work.

MrSmith
    Free Member

2nd the foam roller. hurts like hell but the more you use it the easier it gets until you can put all your weight on the 'tight' spot. really cheap to buy and you only need to use if for a couple of minutes.

recovery drinks work well (rego) at stopping DOMS. and compression socks/tights may help too.

oldgit
    Free Member

Starting to feel better though still unusually heavy.
    Bath, elevation and fluids. I think I might be dehydrated.

Rochey
    Free Member

very easy turbo as it's late.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Cider

keavo
    Free Member

so you've cocked up your preparation. obviously showing your lack of experience. you're not really old are you?

duntmatter
    Free Member

Have a nice sit down?

naokfreek
    Free Member

Ice bath and steak…don't go for a run…unlike me…tried running home 2 weekends ago, one an alf miles in, both legs spasmed like ****, could'nt walk properly for 2 days…blatant cyclist legs…not liking running one bit.

Lots of water and tenderising.. 😕

oldgit
    Free Member

Exactly, must be my 4/500th road race to date.
    Anyway off at 8am feeling a bit better.

Jamie
    Free Member

MrSmith:

2nd the foam roller. hurts like hell but the more you use it the easier it gets until you can put all your weight on the 'tight' spot. really cheap to buy and you only need to use if for a couple of minutes.

3rd the foam roller. One of the best things i have bought recently, use after running regardless and keeps everything nice and supple.

Macavity
    Free Member

Heavy legs?

A uniquely French condition…… surely?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/7779126.stm
    "Correct me if I am wrong, but have you ever heard a British person complain they are suffering from "heavy legs"? Fascinated by a malady to which British people appear immune, I went to my local pharmacy and asked the smiling young chemist if she could advise me on remedies for heavy legs. "

"Curiously though, he has noticed that since the French health insurance companies stopped paying for heavy legs remedies a couple of years ago, consumption of these products is now one-tenth what it used to be. "

How heavy are your legs?

keavo
    Free Member

don't worry about it, there will be another race along any minute.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘How can I ease my leg muscles?’ is closed to new replies.