Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • How boring are you?
  • DezB
    Free Member

Britain’s Dullest Men

October: John Richards, from Boston, Lincs, who founded the Apostrophe Protection Society to combat the widespread incorrect use of the apostrophe.
    Is he on here?

njee20
    Free Member

He’s a hero among men!

nedrapier

If you asked someone to imagine the most perfectly boring person ever there’s a very good chance it would be someone called Roger and he would come from Switzerland

Federer Becomes Most Boring Man Ever

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I tried writing my autobiography once. I fell asleep almost as soon as I began.

badnewz
    Free Member

It’s natural to become a bore with age, you simply run out of things to talk about.
    Bore Newz

DaRC_L

Roger is far too exciting a name for a dull Swiss Man.

Northwind

If I’d written that piece I’d have had to put in some wrong apostrophes.

I remember reading a plaque on a concrete bridge in Manchester that said something like “runner up for the Concrete Society Awards 2001” and just thinking, at last trainspotter’s have someone to look down on. Then again, I was reading a plaque on a concrete bridge so apparently I’m pretty boring too.

njee20
    Free Member

at last trainspotter‘s have someone to look down on

Just ask yourself… what would John Richards say? WWJRS herein.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

If I’d written that piece I’d have had to put in some wrong apostrophes.

trainspotter’s

DezB
    Free Member

I notice most of those “dull” men get out and about to visit post boxes, bushes, roundabouts etc. Can’t be more dull than sitting in front of a screen as a hobby, surely!?

Junkyard
    Free Member

He’s a hzero among men!

””’FTFY”””

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Some top punning in those captions. Shame they used “[rhymes with lone] ranger” twice, but “Hedge fun manager” is a belter.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m on here…

Pook

He’s a hero among men!

Amongst.

wwaswas

I’m on here…

I read that and then posted that I had.

Northwind

Mister P – Member

trainspotter’s

Because I’m really cool, I spent ages trying to decide where to put that apos’trophe.

Cougar

I used to go to college with a bus spotter. That is to say, a bus spotter attended the same college I did.

Nice bloke but slightly odd. Used to spend his lunch break going down to the depot and riding round on all the buses, knew all the drivers by name. Each to their own I suppose, it would be dull if we were all the same.

edlong
    Free Member

bus spotter

I wonder if they spend hours on the internet arguing about the relevant merits of different size wheels?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I know the Latin names of approx 65 percent of our resident amphibians and reptiles.

njee20
    Free Member

He’s a hero among men!

Amongst.[/quote]

Interchangeable innit, unlike so many of these things there is no correct time to use one or t’other as I was taught.

I know pi to 65 decimal places, I can name every element on the periodic table and I like trains.

So to answer the OP’s question: “massively”.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

If your on here, then without doubt you are a boring twunt, only other boring twunts will find your tedious prose of passing interest.
    I am obsessed with pulling my whole body approximately 60cm up into the air and back down again for no apparent reason and then come on here and discus it with others who share a similar interest.

bainbrge

Drainspotting quite a good one. I often find myself reading the name of the foundry and point it out to my equally interested wife if it’s from our home area, or indeed from miles away from the drain itself!

Jesus.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

edlong – Member
    bus spotter
    I wonder if they spend hours on the internet arguing about the relevant merits of different size wheels?

What tyres for bus spotting?

wwaswas

I think there’s a more fundamental discussion they have;

“Do the wheels on the bus go round and round all day long?”

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Let’s not forget the importance of puncuation.Otherwise last week’s headline ” Ed Balls, deep in conversation ” copuld have read ” Ed, Balls deep in converstaion ” ,which would have been frankly wrong.

Rickos
    Free Member

Lawnmower collector Stan Hardwick, from Filey in Yorkshire, poses with his collection for November. Nicknamed The Lawn Ranger, he has enough in his collection to use a different one each day of the year and even keeps his favourites in the lounge.

Change lawnmower for bike and BINGO! Especially the keeping in the longe bit. Winners aplenty on STW…

Edukator
    Free Member

I don’t worry about being boring, I’d be more concerned if ever I felt bored.

natrix
    Free Member

Quote/ I know the Latin names of approx 65 percent of our resident amphibians and reptiles /Unquote

Guess which one I know…………..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

My favourite comment was this :

“If I go to dinner parties and tell people I’m a cone collector they quickly move on,” he said. “My children are slightly embarrassed by my collection. I store them in the shed, the garage, the greenhouse and even under the bed. Luckily they stack well”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

” Ed, Balls deep in converstaion ” ,which would have been frankly wrong.

As much as I like my balls I would not capitalise them.

Northwind

ernie_lynch – Member

“Luckily they stack well”.

You’d think such an avid collector would know they’re designed to stack eh.

JulianA
    Free Member

I have a video of Boat Lifts of Europe, which I found very interesting – and I have visited more than one of them. Planning to visit some more…

I also try to note which way road the baggage carousels go at airports so that I can help out on dullmen.com, but I never remember when I get home.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I know a guy who plays the same golf course every weekend……

psling
    Free Member

mr potatohead – Member 
    Let’s not forget the importance of puncuation.

Unlike spelling, obviously 😕

rogerthecat
    Free Member

DaRC_L – Member
    Roger is far too exciting a name for a dull Swiss Man.
    POSTED 4 HOURS AGO #

Bloody right it is!!

CountZero

Let’s not forget the importance of puncuation.Otherwise last week’s headline ” Ed Balls, deep in conversation ” copuld have read ” Ed, Balls deep in converstaion ” ,which would have been frankly wrong.

I only wish I could do a proper copy proofing annotation on that, there are just so many things wrong.
    Which is a sad trait I have, noticing poor copy proofing, having spent a couple of decades doing it.
    Yes, I’m very boring.
    But standards have to be maintained, dammit!

Let’s not forget the importance of punctuation. Otherwise, last week’s headline, “Ed Balls, deep in conversation” could have read, “Ed, Balls deep in converstaion”, which would have been, quite frankly, wrong.

😉

toppers3933
    Free Member

I think I’m really interesting. I’m sure the wife will tell you otherwise.

Rickos
    Free Member

CountZero – you missed one…

konabunny
    Free Member

But standards have to be maintained, dammit!

You’re, over-commaing.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘How boring are you?’ is closed to new replies.