Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • How bloody good are The Vaccines
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

That’s all.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Some good some bad, do you have a particular disease in mind?

thomthumb
    Free Member

i had the drummers guitar. gave it to my old bosses daughter. probably sell on ebay now!

binners

Are they a popular beat combo then?

Dolcered

liking them a lot.
    and sucioperro
    and the x-certs
    and straight lines.

thats my promos done for the day!
    got a watch to go buy 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I tried, but just heard it all before.

blaggers
    Free Member

Sounded like a poor Ramones covers band on the bit I caught of them at Glastonbury

verses

Post break-up sex is pretty good, but its verse to chorus ratio is off by about 50%.

Opted to see Paloma Faith instead at Latitude this weekend. Figured Vaccines tent would be crammed, plus Paloma’s normally madder than a box of frogs so thought she’d be worth seeing for that reason alone 🙂

Best formerly-unknown-to-me bands at Latitude were;
    – Crocodiles
    – Foster the People
    – And who can forget Danny Fontaine & The Horns Of Fury’s ode to Guybrush Threepwood

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Not very ….. from the little I’ve heard

Sound far too much like

RAMONES

wannabees for my liking

Pook

Yeah sorry, bit dull for me. Heard it all before. You may not have heard it all before though, this like the vaccines. Each to their own and that, but do try the ramones too.

rewski
    Free Member

Not as good as the horrors new album – aren’t they connected in some way – trots off to google it,

john_drummer
    Free Member

+1 Ramones

franki
    Free Member

Saw them play Glastonbury on TV. The missus and daughter liked them a lot, but they did nothing at all for me.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m listening through all their stuff on youtube… not hugely inspiring so far.

rOcKeTdOg

Saw them on Glasto, turned it off after 5a minutes, didnt think it was anything i hadn’t heard before

Like em and was mightily pissed off when we missed them supporting the Arctic Monkeys in Sheffield, because my mates wanted another pint in some dingy back street shithole of a pub, despite my protestations…

James_F
    Free Member

They look and sound like a band thought up in a record company boardroom. Seriously though, how much more can be done with a four piece guitar group like them? It’s all been done before, and better, 30 years ago

colournoise

Quite like them but can’t help thinking the Phil Spector Smiths thing has already been done by Glasvegas.

slainte 😀 rob

batildebenitez
    Free Member

I personally love them and can’t wait to finally see them live in Sheffield O2 Academy later this year!

CountZero

I have actually seen them live, and they were OK. Significantly, the crowd were much more responsive to Beirut who came after them, and were singing along with a lot of their songs. The Vaccines are just another in a very long line of punkpop guitar bands with nothing much of any significance to say but make a pleasant enough racket for drunk kids to throw themselves around to. I’ve seen many like them come and go over the years, I don’t expect them to get much past a third album.
    They were second on a five band billing, it wasn’t through choice I saw them.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘How bloody good are The Vaccines’ is closed to new replies.