Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • how best to remedy a bee nest in the ground?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

We seem to have bees nesting in the lawn where kids play.

I think that they may be mason / mining bees.

Don’t really want to kill them (having watched Barry The Bee), what other options are there?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Leave them beeeeeeeeeeee!

(sorry)

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Tell your kids to bee-hive.

qwerty
    Free Member

Buzz off tADH

DaRC_L

I don’t think they’re agressive plus they are quite rare – tell the kids to leave them ….

Cougar

Quite rare? Get ’em on eBay.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Make then sound like a dog*

*pour petrol, light it and listen as they go Woof!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Nuke them from space before something happens to your kids’ faces.

ski
    Free Member

If they are mining bees, I think they only nest for 6 weeks or so anyway.

I have been stung by them in the past and the sting is nowhere near as bad as a honey bee either & I suffer from anaphylactic shock too.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

We had a nest in our garden last year, they never did us any harm.

Looks like they’re coming back to the same hole this year!

willard

Hire a mini-digger and scoop the entire nest out of the ground in one go. Then move the whole thing to the side of the garden.

Not only will you have saved a nest of bees, but you can line the whole and make a pond, hopefully attracting rare newts to your new eco-paradise.

I know, I’m brilliant. No need to thank me, I’m here all week.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Can I have a coffee top up please willard?

pealy
    Free Member

This is how I did it – Full snowboard gear – boots, goggles, balaclava, the works. Bottle of wasp nest killer in each hand – run at them screaming, unleash the powder, run away screaming. Keep running until you’re sure they’re not following you before heading back indoors.

This was after a failed attempt at flooding them out with a hose-pipe. They moved out but found another des-res about two feet further up the lawn..

coffeeking
    Free Member

Like most insects, if you leave them alone they’ll more than likely never have anything to do with you.

nickhart
    Free Member

i seem to think miner bees are solitary little blighters anyway so a swarm is unlikely. if you have a big problem the council’s environmental health department would be able to give advice.
    to give an honest opinion teach your kids about bees and how important they are and if the bees die so do we.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

If they are Miner Bees then let them mine. The coal will come in useful next winter.

monkeychild
    Free Member

bullheart
    Free Member

buzzooka?

MrNutt
    Free Member

BTFU?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Phone the cooncil.

Cougar

Racist.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘how best to remedy a bee nest in the ground?’ is closed to new replies.