Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How best to attach my nipper to my bike
  • maxray
    Free Member

ello,

I want to start taking my 2 year old out with me on the bike but am unsure of which method of attaching her to the bike will be best for her and me.

I know there are a few on here who take there little uns out, what is the favoured method? I was leaning towards a seat post mounted seat maybe?

mrsflash
    Free Member

zip-ties?

clubber
    Free Member

I use a rhode gear seat (mounts on a rack) with my 11 month old but he’s very big for his age (more like 18+ month size…). He seems happy enough in it. I’ll be getting a trailer for taking him off road though – I just don’t fancy riding a trailer on the road much.

clubber
    Free Member

LOL @ MrsF

Can’t wait to see the next generation of Flashes zip tied to the various tubes on the bike 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

clubber 😀 I’ve been practising on the cats, but they’re not that co-operative!

mikey74
    Free Member

duct tape?

Dekerf
    Free Member

I had this recently, and after much thought, went for the LOCT.

Haven’t really used it off road yet, just a few bits in the local woods, but would recommend it. Took her to nursery on it this morning.

Although my only gripe, i would say is depending on your size it may be a bit of a pain. I find that i have to spread my legs out during the pedal stroke to avoid hitting her. Just makes pedaling slightly uncomfortable at the moment. I am sure it is something you would get used to.

I would mock something up on your bike, with child in rough position to see if this will effect you and if its something you could live with.

As for long term durablity, i don’t know but it appears to be well made.

My little one loves it as she can see exactly what is going on and can talk to me easily as well.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I read “nipple”. Which would have been pretty odd admittedly… 😳

bonj
    Free Member

sellotape to the top tube? just use a LOT of sellotape.

Smee
    Free Member

epoxy

maxray
    Free Member

ooooh liking that LOCT 😛 I knew someone on here would have something far better than those big chunky rear seats. Thanks!

clubber
    Free Member

Hmmm I definitely wouldn’t want to use the LOCT – at my size, I’d be concerned about crushing him if the worst did happen…

wildrnes
    Free Member

i use the weeride and it is a fantastic piece of kit, fits to the sub zero, the 5 the bionicon (1.5″) and the prince albert.

only issue with them is if you are short then you will have problems

maxray
    Free Member

hmm that weeride looks good toom, is slightly bulkier mind. I like the fact the kid doesnt have to hold on as such although cant help thinking that Loct will encourage position and feel for riding rather than just sitting in a chair.

I am vertically challenged though so that might be an issue. 🙂

Spongebob
    Free Member

I swear by velcro! 😆

clubber
    Free Member

On the other side of the scale, being tall (6’5″) with correspondingly big feet, I had trouble setting up the rear seat so that my heels didn’t clip mini-clubber’s toes when pedalling

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How best to attach my nipper to my bike’ is closed to new replies.