Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • How bad is this likely to be?
  • wukfit
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just saying…..

saladdodger
    Free Member

looks the same as mine which cost £100+

Worth a punt tbh

soobalias
    Free Member

gotta think where have they saved money over the bob-yak
    frame, pivot points, wheel, construction, finishing, marketing

then is a bob-yak actually worth £300?

buy it, try it, let us know.

wukfit
    Free Member

I know the picture is amazeballs,
    But I look at it thinking if I do a few days riding with it before I set off I can just throw it in a hedge and buy something better if its total shite?
    I’m just a bit loathed to spend £300 on something I may only use for a few months
    Is there any kind of hire scheme or someone who has an extra wheel they’re not planning on using this year that would consider hiring it out?
    I’m also tempted to build one using my spare front wheel (15mm axle) so I’m effectively carrying a spare
    Thoughts?

flatfish
    Free Member

Be sure to update this thread when you’ve got one.

Junkyard
    Free Member

light weight steel means it wont be havy not that it lacks strenght

Metal is srtong stuff so would not worry me

TBH the wheel is the only part that would worry me re quality and only use will let you know.

If i was in the market I would consider it if I only wanted occasional use – perhaps a bit risky if you are off on a 4000 mile trek unsupported

neilthewheel

Well, you would have a spare wheel but if you were forced to use it, what would you use to carry the trailer?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

amazeballs

Oh no, you didn’t just say that… 😐

mechmonkey
    Free Member

Description says

•Folds flat for easy storage

How?

Got to have a pretty rubbish wheel in it. Not sure how you plan to make one with a 26″ spare wheel, would surely put the centre of mass a little high for stability and create a really long trailer.

wukfit
    Free Member

The amazeballs I felt was in keeping with quality of the contents of the thread… As for the spare, my thoughts are if I get a serious buckle, broken spoke etc. I’d feel much happier running that on my trailer as apose to my front wheel
    I know I could make a fully custom carbon fibre jobby myself for about £100 in materials, it’s just whether or not its worth the time

wukfit
    Free Member

26″ is easy enough to keep the weight low, shorten wheelbase length and load round the sides.
    Hardest bit would be keeping the thing from clogging off road

trail_rat
    Free Member

Looks the same as my ebc model

Mines taken a beating

Wheel has a set of sealed bearings fitted

Folds flat by removing the side to side pivot between front triangle and the top / bottom of load bed

Remove support at rear and unhook mudguard

Wheel comes out

Whole lot folds flat

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

What people pay £300 for 3 or 4 bits of steel welded together?

Junkyard
    Free Member

like a bike frame for example 😉

paul4stones

Gutted. I paid about £70 for mine 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

I bought one of those when they were 100 quid its fine and been used in the woods log collecting and touring on France and if you do kill the wheel 16 inch wheels are cheap

eviljoe
    Free Member

I’ve got one- really like it. It could be lighter, but then I don’t use it enough to be bothered ..

BrickMan

Oh no, you didn’t just say that…

YES! I have launched yet another word into popular circulation.

Trampus
    Free Member

Terrific value for money. Had mine for 18 months now and it has seen daily use hauling logs and shopping, etc., without any problems. One of those bits of kit where you wonder how you ever managed without it!

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Been thinking about getting something similar – think the positive comments propelling me towards buying one.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘How bad is this likely to be?’ is closed to new replies.