Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • How are the conditions in the Portes de Soleil?
  • johnhe

I’m staying about an hour from the Portes de Soleil. Are the trails there in good condition, or has it been raining lots? I’m thinking of heading over to Chatel/Morzine tomorrow (Sunday the 29th).

alexxx
    Free Member

Its been dry up until last night/today when it rained a bit. But the sun has come back out again now.

johnhe

Thanks Alex. The weather forecast looked a bit grim, but hopefully it will be dry enough tomorrow. I had a really wet week in Les Gets last year, so I’m not looking for another sloppy, mud-fest experience!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Definitely ride Chatel over Morzine,

It rained heavily last Saturday but by Monday was mostly dry, we left on Thursday. The popular marked trails are in very poor condition due to over use and no visible maintainence. With regard to Chatel blues and air voltage red were running well. Ride Humble was just steep and worn. A lot of the trails from the top are closed. We didnt ride any Chatel blacks as the reds were toighre than Morzine/Les Gets blacks. Our best days were away from the lift assisted marked trails.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How are the conditions in the Portes de Soleil?’ is closed to new replies.