Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 170 total)
  • How are PlanetX these days?
  • mrmuddybum
    Free Member

I’ve not ordered anything from them for a couple of years, but I ordered some forks when they had the voucher on Saturday, and since Monday it’s been stuck in a state of ‘Preparing to be shipped’. I can’t get an answer on the phone, no response to email, and no response from a Facebook message either (even though they continue to post themselves).

I can accept if they are tremendously busy, but at least tell me. I’m on the verge of cancelling all together and going elsewhere. There are other folks asking similar questions on FB.

jonba
    Free Member

Seems reasonable to me. They’ve had a lot of offers on, a January sale and probably only just back to full staff after the xmas break.

No doubt you’d be able to get them quicker going to a shop and paying rrp.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I can’t get an answer on the phone, no response to email, and no response from a Facebook message either (even though they continue to post themselves).

I think you’ve answered your own question.

sharkattack

I ordered a chain and cassette in the drivetrain sale on the 3rd and it’s still “Preparing to be shipped”

Bit miffed really, I’ve got a new frame sitting here waiting for parts.

iolo
    Free Member

Cancel it and get it from crc

r17anm
    Free Member

I got a selle Italia turbo saddle off them just after Xmas and after less than an hour on it the turbo lettering came off
    Tried phoning and email but not heard anything. Is this good enough reason to return a saddle or am I being soft ?

damascus
    Free Member

Hope its not the s from the planet x speedo saddle

r17anm
    Free Member

No but the s did come off my speedo trunks

deft
    Free Member

Ordered some Podsacs stuff (their latest acquisition) just before NY. Nout turned up, finally got an email reply today saying that one bit was out of stock. Thanks for telling me.

trout
    Free Member

Cant get an answer on the phone ?

does that mean the phone just rings or as I found out you end up in a queue which eventually a voice tells you how many calls are in front of you at which point you decide if you want to wait .

brant
    Free Member

Escalate it.
    Email the CEO.

ceo@planetx.co.uk

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve placed 2 orders within the last month. The first one got screwed up a bit as an item that I ordered (it showed in stock online) was not on the shelf when they went to fill my order. They sent a very cryptic email about this; it was hard to figure out what the out of stock item was (headset spacer FFS!). Once I did, I got through on the phone and the order was ready to ship the same day. Email response didn’t come till after I’d fixed it by phone, but it did arrive eventually.

My second order shipped the same day that it was placed. I’m still waiting for it to arrive as TNT (NL Post) seem to send things to the US via a rowboat or maybe a sea turtle! 😆

On-One have said that they have a glitch in their inventory system in regards to store stock items. So they may have one in a store, but not in the warehouse. Phone is the best bet to resolve things with them IMO.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Got a BB and headset next day, so fine for me currently and I’m a miserable git.

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

As I said, if it’s just sheer volume causing delays, that’s fine, but how much effort does it take just to post something on FB/Twitter to say that orders are being delayed because of it.

My concern is that come Friday, I’ll get an email saying ‘Sorry, actually we are out of stock’.

dantsw13

Ordered a reverb in the sale before Xmas – turned up in 2 days. Ordered a few bits and bobs post Xmas – turned up in 2 days. I imagine the big sale has made them a bit manic, and their stock levels do seem to have been a bit hit and miss.

daveh
    Free Member

Ordered items on the 2nd, shipped 3rd, received 7th. No problems here.

PJ266
    Free Member

Bought a set of forks, turned up fine, no worries,

Haven’t needed to contact them other than a tricky question about chain line they couldn’t answer either :p I’d order again based on my experience.

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

As expected, had a message this morning saying they cant find the forks in the warehouse. Shame they waited four days before letting me know.

mos

Good Products
    Good Prices
    Good Service

Pick 2.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Ordered tyre at weekend. Arrived yesterday. Yay for me.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i love them!

Northwind

PX/On One have made my “never buy anything from these guys again” list along with Mark Anthony Bikes and Dave Hinde. Partly because the savings aren’t worth the potential problems that come with them, but mostly because I like giving my money to people who know the difference between truth and fiction.

kelvin

Placed an order in December that came in 2 days. Very swift..

People are SO 24 HOURS these days…

Also… “they were cheaper but don’t seem to offer the same service as someone more expensive” shouldn’t come as a big surprise. PX are cheaper for a reason. Suck it up and grab a bargain if you want, don’t expect them to have a customer service team to rival Rapha though.

sharkattack

No responses to an email enquiry about my order. Status is still “Your order is ready to be shipped”. If it’s ready to go why would they not just get rid of it asap?

I would cancel and order from somewhere else but it would be double the price so I’ll suck it up for a few days. On top of the last 7 days.

Orangejohn
    Free Member

I had the same kind of hassle as you.
    Loads of emails, phone calls; told me my order had been shipped, then they refunded.
    All this between 10th and 24th Dec with my wifes Chistmas present.

In my experience it either goes through quickly and efficiently or doesn’t.
    The longer it goes on the less chance you have.

As a long term customer (8 years I guess) they have seriously weakened my confidence in them. I now hold the view that if I can buy elsewhere at a similar price I will.

federalski
    Free Member

I had an issue with Planet X when I paid for a bike on the phone and my postcode was taken down wrong, the bike got sent to the other end of the country…

After reading all the stuff on here about them never answering the phones I expected a bit of slog to get it resolved.
    I had to phone them 3 times, each time I phoned during the afternoon and was answered and talking to someone within seconds and my issue was resolved pretty well.

I do sometimes wonder if the folk who say they never answer the phones are emailing them only, for fear of….talking to someone. Or maybe I was just lucky.

lightman
    Free Member

It appears they employ at least one person who doesn’t have a clue about bikes!

Planet X advised me that carbon frames cannot be repaired

A very small crack on virtually new frame, and they told the guy nothing can be done to fix it!

ThePinkster

It appears they employ at least one person who doesn’t have a clue about bikes!

“Planet X advised me that carbon frames cannot be repaired”Knowing about bikes and knowing about materials are 2 completely different things in my book.

tootallpaul

Two orders outstanding at the moment-

One “Ready to be picked” since yesterday.

One “Preparing to be shipped” for three days.

Nothing urgent, but a little frustrating.

honourablegeorge

Curious how the OP plans to cancel his order if they won’t answer him on any medium?

sharkattack

Apparently my order has been shipped!

I wonder if anyone in their office found this thread on their lunch break.

spock
    Free Member

Ordered on tuesday, still on ‘waiting to be picked’ even though they claim to dispatch the same day if the order is before 3pm… £120 that i’d rather have in my account or in shoe form.

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

It got kicked into life after I emailed the ceo email address, claiming it couldn’t be found in the warehouse. Mysteriously though since I cancelled, one has appeared in stock, so either someone else is risking the same disappointment, or they just decided they didn’t want to sell them to me. Anyhow, I’ll know for next time I need something.

solarider
    Free Member

Good service as ever.

Ordered a pair of shoes in their sale on Sunday.

Arrived in Hong Kong on the Wednesday.

Similar experience in the past.

In my experience, in terms of time, Merlin are quickest, then Planet X, then CRC. Not much in it, but just an observation having spent far too much with all 3, so plenty of experience!

birney29
    Free Member

I use them frequently and the service has always been outstanding.

hora
    Free Member

I sent three emails asking when the RT57/ultegra offer was back in stock- had a mail problem email back but no reply.

brant
    Free Member

hora – Member
    I sent three emails asking when the RT57/ultegra offer was back in stock- had a mail problem email back but no reply.

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Filters. That’s all I’m saying.

hora
    Free Member

Right I’m going to call myself Sheila McDougall and email you 😉

spock
    Free Member

Ordered tuesday, called today after no response to an email, got through after 12 minutes and it’s still not left planet-x.

It only takes a bit of a notice on the site that orders aren’t leaving as quickly as they promise in the delivery section and it would be fair enough, but no contact two days after it should have arrived and it hasn’t even left their warehouse isn’t really fair. I understand that christmas can be mental for companies like planet-x but don’t advertise super fast delivery and the whole ‘order before 3pm shipped same day’ if you can’t provide it. An automatic email when i ordered to say they were running a bit behind would have saved me a lot of hassle and time and i would have understood, but don’t take my money if you know you can’t fulfil your side of the deal.

Lester
    Free Member

up until today i was really happy with On One, spent nearly £4k with them in the last year, wont be spending any more.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘How are PlanetX these days?’ is closed to new replies.