Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)
  • how abusive can you be to cold callers?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Strangely I’ve not had one cold call this evening, just three during working hours.
    Perhaps they all login to STW.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Back at my parents we had these awful aluminium double glazing units.

We had just had a whole house worth of new double glazing delivered and stored in the garage.

Q double glazing salesman comes to the door, dad gets him in , makes him a coffee , agrees to every extra going on this lads list. Dad then asks if he does garage doors as well and his eyes light up.

They go out to measure up the door and my dad opens it . The guy realises it was a wind up , he saw the funny side.

andyrm
    Free Member

2unfit2ride – the old boiler rooms are mental! less common in the UK now, but in the US they’re still huge.

On a side note “Boiler Room” is still one of my favourite films.

nealglover
    Free Member

“Can I speak to your manager?”
    “No, they’re not available.”

“Ok bye” – click.

Simple.

Edukator
    Free Member

One man’s con is another man’s valuable service. The feedback we got on the service we were selling was excellent. No doubt some of those who just politely declined, put the phone down or were audibly irritated would have called what we were doing a con. We were just doing our best to provide a service enough people wanted to pay for to make a profit. I reckon any device with an “i” prefix is a con but I’m sure many on this thread are posting from them.

The fact is telesales work. If ever I start another business it’ll be the first marketing technique used because it’s the cheapest and most effective marketing method I’ve ever used.

druidh
    Free Member

nealglover – it would appear that the simple act of hanging up the phone is beyond some of the posters on this thread who would prefer to get themselves worked up into a frenzy.

Another idea though – get CLI installed?

andyrm
    Free Member

Edukator – yes, so true! Have you checked out Sean McPheat’s website? Pretty amazing….

Cougar

One man’s con is another man’s valuable service

Er, no, it’s really not.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Edukator – yes, so true! Have you checked out Sean McPheat’s website? Pretty amazing….

I get the emails, nothing special IMO, but nice to be reminded of stuff from time to time.

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

Keep it that way.

Who the **** are you to tell him he can’t post his opinion? The bloody STW mafia? Not to mention the fact he was talking specifically about con artist cold calls, of which there are many. He never said “everyone who works in a call centre is a kitten murderer did he?” fs. So sick of all you STW ‘old boys’ going wolf pack on peoples backside for having an opinion.

Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘how abusive can you be to cold callers?’ is closed to new replies.