Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How about a nice positive thread for a change?
  • metalheart
    Free Member

To try and counteract some of the whiney, negative threads of late I’ve decided to try and inject some positive in here for a change.

I’m about to move up North and I needed a hand to move some furniture from my folks old house to my present house.

I was out on my leaving doo Friday night and all the stress of moving house/jobs started to catch up with me so despite being reasonably moderate (5 pints, 1 whisky) over six hours (and a curry) I was pretty wiped the next morning. Arranged for Keith to show at 8am.

Staying overnight at my folks old house (mid way through getting it cleared) my mate thought that as I was ‘camping out’ he’d turn up with a takeaway coffee and a croissant for my breakfast as well as his flat bed truck for transport.

Keith, your thoughtfulness was magnificent, breakfast a complete surprise (and so needed!). You are a complete star. Thank you!

Anybody else got a random act of kindness to post?

choppersquad
    Free Member

No acts of random kindness to report, but we like the sound of Keith.
    Everyone needs mates like that in their life.

piemonster

When moving from somewhere in the middle of England to Dundee a friend drove a van two hours to get to mine, then the 7 hours to get to Dundee, then another 5 to 6 hours to get home again. (Over a few days)

You could argue he just wanted to make sure I’d **** off.

Just in case he’s reading, he’s still a bell end.

myti
    Free Member

Had a friend looking after our dog whilst I had a birthday day out in London yesterday and when we got home she had not just dropped the dog home but done a big pile of washing up we’d left!

njee20
    Free Member

I’m about to move up North

I thought this was meant to be a positive thread?

piemonster

Different north. Think fewer Whippets and Flat Caps. More Square sausage and kilts.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’m about to move up North

Plenty positivity on here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/moving-to-inverness-1

As piemonster say, the land of kilts and lorne sausage (and whisky & the midge…)

😆

metalheart
    Free Member

No acts of random kindness to report, but we like the sound of Keith.
    Everyone needs mates like that in their life.

Amen brother. I count myself fortunate.

theotherjonv

get on with helping him then instead of posting about it on here!!

zippykona

All I can say is pass it on.

wordnumb
    Free Member

It’s not raining yet.

zeesaffa
    Free Member

I broke (smashed) my shoulder a fee years back at BPW.
    I lived in Hertford at the time.
    My friends lived in Shrewsbury.
    They drove me to hospital in Hertford (after being at Merthyr Tydfill).
    Stayed with me until 3 in the mornig and then drive me home before heading back to their respctive homes.
    Kept my spirits up the whole time!

Keith sounds like a great friend as well!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Mrs M has just volunteered to go pet supplies shopping (albeit on my cc) whilst I go riding for the second time this weekend.

grum
    Free Member

I held a door open for someone once.

Nah seriously though not a very positive topic the response to my thread about depression/suicidial tendencies has been really heartwarming/amazing. Some top people on here/in the world.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Where is that bloody ‘like’ button?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How about a nice positive thread for a change?’ is closed to new replies.