• This topic has 21 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • House/Contents cover, that covers bikes – Any decent ones other than M&S?
  • stupot
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a policy that covers a couple of bikes?
    My current policy with Nationwide will not cover them without charging silly money.

M&S won't cover me because my house is in a flood risk area

Cheers
    Stu

wwaswas

you could try CTC and insure the bikes separatly to the other contents?

sniff
    Free Member

Try AXA

MartinGT
    Free Member

Try to cover your bikes seperatly, like said above CTC are very good.

MartinGT
    Free Member

FWIW too, a lad in the club had several bikes pinched and M&S were a nightmare to deal with. he spent (& MRS) hours on the phone night after night.

stupot
    Free Member

Thanks for that, will have a look at CTC. had a quick look seem but will check in more detail.
    Just used a comparison website and Endsleigh come out well, although unlike M&S that was only for one bike.
    Will check AXA too.

Duc
    Free Member

The AA were very good for us and much cheaper than M&S

foxyrider
    Free Member

GreenBee – good cover 🙂

neilb67
    Free Member

Im with Halifax and my bikes are each covered up to £4000 worldwide

JimSu
    Free Member

green bee (john Lewis) good room rated policy no need to list bikes less than £5000

Twin
    Free Member

More than were good. £5K of bike cover and £70K of home cover for £186 a year.

LabWormy

Just re-done ours through the co-op. On the online form there was a little box to tick for £2500 cover on bikes etc when away from the house. Seemed to make no difference to the actual policy cost.

stupot
    Free Member

green bee won't cover me. Flood risk!
    Will have a look at the others. Halifax give me a good quote.

indiajazz
    Free Member

priveledge were great when i got mine nicked,noe covered for 1,300 not much was added on

MikeG

Do you have to have buildings and contents together, or are they refusing to cover contents due to flood risk as well?

foxyrider
    Free Member

No you dont – you can have them separate as we have – however the flood risk may apply to both no?

stupot
    Free Member

Always assumed that both would be adversly affected by flood risk. Will have to re-try some quotes as just contents.

its really annoying because some companys won't touch us, others couldn't give a toss about the river!

njee20
    Free Member

Ours is up for renewal, M&S were cheap last year, but I claimed for a lost phone, and the renewal had gone up to £373.

Shopping around, More Than wanted £300 just to cover the bikes, on top of £130 for the other bits.

I can get a (decent) quote for Green Bee, but when I go to specify the bikes, which it says you have to do over £1000, it says we're in a flood risk area and they won't quote us (this is contents only, and we're not, to my knowledge!).

So I thought I'd just do another quote on M&S as I was happy with them and how they handled the phone claim, and it comes to £192, including the bikes away from the home. Who works this stuff out!? Now I've got to phone M&S and either get them to match their own quote, or cancel the policy and take out a new one, with them again!

stupot
    Free Member

Sound like your having fun!
    I love how they wait till the end of the form to tell me im in a flood risk area, when my postcode is the first thing i put in!

iain1775
    Free Member

cancel the policy and take out a new one, with them again!

My missus had to do this with M&S car insurance
    saved £100 on her renewal quote for exactly same cover
    When she phoned to cancel original policy woman on phone was quite rude, accused her of lying about the quote she had online!

Spud

M&S are underwritten by AXA now, switched from Aviva.

Drac

Ours is up for renewal, M&S were cheap last year, but I claimed for a lost phone, and the renewal had gone up to £373.

Get a fresh quote online and let the old one expire.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘House/Contents cover, that covers bikes – Any decent ones other than M&S?’ is closed to new replies.