Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Housebound cyclist
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Had the unfortunate enjoyment of spending the weekend at my Brother in Laws. I actually have stomach ache from all the junk i have been fed. This morning he walked into the lounge with a wheel off a road bike and said he needed to fix his puncture.. I wasnt even sure if he still rode a bike so i started to make conversation about how often he managed to get out riding as he has 2 kids. Response.. ‘I never actually ride outside.. just in the house’. Ahhhh.. I see.. (Me)So really though.. where do you go on your bike?? (thinking he was joking). I havent been outside on my bike for 3 years was his reply.

WTF?? as if riding on a road isnt boring enough.. how could you ride in the spare room for 3 years on a turbo trainer?? All i could think about was those stupid house cats that sit in the window all day staring outside (my neighbour has one that just stares out of the window about 6 hrs everyday) but NEVER ventures out.

All i could think to say at this point to keep the conversation going was ‘Have you thought about getting a fan and have it blowing in your face to make it more real?’ .. closely followed by.. ‘You could get your kids to collect bugs and flies and have them throw them in your face whilst on a ride’.

He said that he rides about 75 miles a week too. He had quite a nice road bike too. Im still slightly perplexed by the whole episode.

donsimon
    Free Member

WTF?? as if riding on a road isnt boring enough.. how could you ride in the spare room for 3 years on a turbo trainer??

Better than sitting on his arse doing nothing. With a couple of kids can he really afford 75miles away from home?

aa
    Free Member

lol.

75 miles a weeek on the turbo, thats either madness or pure hardcore dedication, i can’t decide which.

It’s not something i could do.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I couldnt figure out what might be wrong with the perfectly good tarmac and roads that are outside his house?? Or even how you would get a puncture on a trainer?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Perhaps he’s nervous in traffic ?

martymac

maybe the cats clawed his tyres becaus ethey were bored?

eyerideit
    Free Member
    davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If riding on the roads down your way means you’ll encounter kids who’ll throw bugs and flies in your face, then I’d likely stay inside aswell.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Housebound cyclist’ is closed to new replies.