Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Housebatterytrackworld?
  • rosscore
    Free Member

There does seem to be an inordinate depth of knowledgable folk in this place, I’m wondering if it stretches to Solar Power and House batteries experts.

Being one of the unfortunates that signed up in the final rush before the FIT payment dropped the company that installed ours upped and disappeared immediately leaving quite a complex system that nobody in the immediate vicinity seems to want to come and check.

We have a few issues, not least the entire house tripping out when it rains, but that aside I’m fairly convinced the not entirely english speaking installers didn’t fit things correctly in the first place. There was supposed to be a web app to check what’s being generated and I noticed a wire with what looked like a sensor hanging off it the other day.

I have to confess to pushing the guys a bit hard for a deal which may have generated (excuse the pun) a slapdash installation, it does seem according to the little graphic to be doing the solar generation thing but I have my doubt about the battery bit, so anyone?

Greybeard
    Free Member

The app for reading the output will probably be produced by the makers of the inverter, do a search online and you may be able to download it. Our inverter is a “Sunny Boy” and the app is called “Sunny Explorer”. It connects over Bluetooth.

I’d be surprised if your installation was supposed to have a battery, particularly if you negotiated the price down, but you could add one.

rosscore
    Free Member

No it came complete with the battery when it was installed, manufactured by Growatt, Tesla were not available at the time, they are now as are Samsung and new batteries are entering the market all the time.

The obvious sell being you get a strong charge in the day and don’t used it, so you get paid for generating it, then you store it in your battery and it runs the house at night, well runs is a bit strong, contributes, it only kicks out at 2kwhr which is the problem with batteries it’s not what they can store its at what level they can discharge safely I’m reliably informed, anyway the costs have come down, I guess I was hoping someone here could tell me what the error messages I’m getting meant, I have found someone now but it’s taking a while to get a man in a van to visit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Housebatterytrackworld?’ is closed to new replies.