Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • House Sale – vacant possesion
  • easygroove
    Free Member

Selling my house in Bristol, now living overseas. We have tenants in at the moment. Buyers had originally agreed to buy and maintain tenancy. It now appears that they could not get a 'buy to let' mortgage for some reason and the house will need to be sold with vacant possesion (ie. tenants will have to move out). This puts us in an awkward but not unmanagebale situation. Are there other options that could avoid us having to kick them out?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

not really.

Your buyer has moved the goalposts, and is unable to buy with tenants. Of course the tenants have rights too, and it will take you at least 2 months to move them out. maybe more if they get their rights off someone like me. Maybe as long as 6 months if you make a horlicks of serving them notice.

nicko74

Nope, not really. But then I've been booted from my last 2 flats because they were being sold – it happens.

mrmo
    Free Member

been there twice, it is why i have no feeling but joy when i hear buy to letters having a hard time.

Sorry if you are the exception, and the fact you are asking the question suggests maybe, but if i came across one on fire i would start toasting marsh mallows.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘House Sale – vacant possesion’ is closed to new replies.