Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • House renovation problem
  • scotroutes

I have ageing cables, lead pipes, wiring and boilers. Can I get some government assistance to get it fixed?

I believe some folk who are already getting government handouts are on for a grant of up to £369M for this sort of stuff.

newrobdob
    Free Member

There was a boiler thing happening recently, not sure if that’s still on, seemed to be peddled by cold callers though.

Obviously you can get free insulation I think??

Unfortunately if you are fortunate enough to be able to own a house you need to have the money to keep it in good order yourself.

bruneep

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

*cough
    National debt
    *cough

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Yes but you will have to live on site while the work is carried out!!

jon1973
    Free Member

I believe some folk who are already getting government handouts are on for a grant of up to £369M for this sort of stuff.

If only she’d opted for British Gas Homecare for £17.50 a month, she would have just have to have found the £60 excess.

km79
    Free Member

“The obvious question is, why have the royals let it get into this state? Why haven’t they raised revenue through opening up all year round? If the royals can’t look after the buildings and raise their own revenue to fund maintenance it’s time to give them up.”

Amen. It’s time to cut these scroungers loose.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Yes but you will have to live on site while the work is carried out!!

that’s what I’m doing now – new rads, new boilers, doors being cut today and walls knocked down, windows in a couple of weeks, kitchen, bathroom, etc. What a mess.

Tefal do a good induction hob for £45 – is my tip.

Coyote
    Free Member

I’m sure if she put the royal hand down the back of the royal couch she could probably stump up for this herself. Alternatively she can get her slack-jawed flag waving subjects to cough up instead. Gawd bless ‘er.

mcj78
    Free Member

We should petition the beeb to have a fundraiser

wwaswas

She’s doing her best to cut costs…

Saccades
    Free Member

Her Majesty’s Government is responsible for maintaining the palace in exchange for the profits made by the Crown Estate.

In the 2015/2016 fiscal year, the Crown Estate’s property evaluation was £12 billion with a £304.1 million net revenue profit (up 6.7%).

sharkbait
    Free Member

I think you’re on your own there scotroutes, although I think the water company should replace lead pipes up to your boundary FOC.

iainc

I think there may some some deals for semi-retired pensioners, yes 🙂

piemonster

“I have ageing cables, lead pipes, wiring and boilers. Can I get some government assistance to get it fixed”

Is this you or the house?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘House renovation problem’ is closed to new replies.