Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • House of Cards Remake – only on netflix
  • unklehomered
    Free Member

Well this is an interesting developement. Whole series available for me to gobble up, in HD, for 5.99.

Someone has woken up to how the world is changing wrt content consumption. On episode three now, have to say its very good, pilot is directed by David Fincher. Netflix beat HBO and AMC out for the project (but will probably sell it to them or sky or Fox of Channel 4 in the long run). Anyone else watching?

Stoner
    Free Member

The original is so AWSUM I cant think why Id want to watch a remake….

unklehomered
    Free Member

It’s very different, more like the West Wing, but eeeeviiiil.

But I’m quite the Spacey fan. Not as much as I am a Richardson fan, but still quite a fan.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

I watched the Alan Clark Diaries on DVD last week. (hence the Jenny Agutter thread 😳 )

Another great bit of political TV. John Hurt is superb.

And I bought that DVD having watched the classic series of Tinker Tailor, followed by the new film (starring John Hurt, hence the prod). Much as the new film is a good film, its not nearly as good as the original series.

Some great TV dramas came out of the 80s UK TV engine.

PS – a mate of mine lives in the same block as Mr Spacey. he’s a Very private chap…

unklehomered
    Free Member

Hmmm, on 80s TV, A Very British Coup remains one of my faves.

Agree on Tinker Tailor, though I love the film, the did the right thing by changing everything, made it cinematic. But true Le Carre is in the dialogue… it needs time. Still hope they make Smiley’s People though, or go back and make Call for the Dead.

hmmmm… Agutter…

RustySpanner

Edge of Darkness is my 80’s BBC favourite:

Not the kind of think they’d make anymore – It’d be ‘Celebrity Nuclear Espionage on Ice with Stan Collymore’ these days.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘House of Cards Remake – only on netflix’ is closed to new replies.