Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • House mates wont pay tv license!
  • Flaperon

mudshark – sorry, you're wrong.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

they still manage to go out most nights of the week!

and

I don't even watch the TV

… so get rid of the tv then!

falkirk-mark

Who owns the telly ?

anonymouse
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure that they have to prove you have equipment capable of receiving a broadcast signal, not that you actually have used it. This means that if they can point to a great big telly they don't have to wait around until someone turns it on. It also means that mudshark is right.

mudshark
    Free Member

Flaperon – well I think you're OK if you don't use the TV for broadcasts an are covered by a license at another address which I suppose students will be.

zokes
    Free Member

We had a big one used for DVDs, X-Box etc

Still supposed to have a license.

FAIL.

Nope, only if it's used to watch TV. They have to prove that i.e. catch you watching live TV before they can fine you…

ex-pat
    Free Member

Class:

However, there may be other reasons why you need your own separate licence, such as whether or not you have exclusive access to a toilet or washing facilities.

Now I get this, but if I've got an en-suite do I need a separate license??!
    How about if I p1ss out the window on regular occasion? Does that mean I need a TV license (as well as some sanitary training).

GrahamS

From the link that Drac posted ages ago:

Watching TV on the internet
    You need to be covered by a licence if you watch TV online at the same time as it's being broadcast on conventional TV in the UK or the Channel Islands.

If you’re watching programmes on a computer or laptop as they re being shown on TV, then you need a TV Licence. However, you don’t need to be covered by a licence if you’re only using ‘on-demand’ services to watch programmes after they have been shown on TV. So, you need a licence to watch any channel live online, but you wouldn’t need one to use BBC iPlayer to catch up on an episode of a programme you missed, for example.

You do not need a TV Licence if you only use your TV to watch videos and DVDs or as a monitor for your games console . If this is the case, please complete the online declaration form

nedrapier

Stick a cheque for your share of the license fee in a jar on top of the telly, and make it very clear to the others that they can use it as your contribution to the fee, or to the £1000 fine.

Their choice, but that's all you're paying.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

They need to grow up, and you need to make a decision as to whether or not you want to carry on sharing a house with a bunch of immature idiots. Like it or not, it's illegal to watch tv without a license, they need to mtfu, pay the license fee, and find something more important to get into a strop about.

zokes
    Free Member

Stick a cheque for your share of the license fee in a jar on top of the telly, and make it very clear to the others that they can use it as your contribution to the fee, or to the £1000 fine.

Their choice, but that's all you're paying.

+1

mudshark
    Free Member

Might not work out if you do get the fine though – depends on how honest they are…oh dear.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘House mates wont pay tv license!’ is closed to new replies.