Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • house insurance that will cover £12k's worth of bikes…anyone??
  • turneround

just realised house insurance is up shortly and need to get some quotes to include the 4 bikes… can anyone help and save me hours of internet trawling??

IanMunro
    Free Member

Providing none of the bikes are seperatly worth over 4k, then M&S would be my (and no doubt numerous others)suggestion, as you don't have to declare them.

nbt

Axa also do bikes, you do have to declare them though

Bimbler
    Free Member

Hiscox – my rich friends use them

takisawa2

M&S.
    (M&S must use Axa because that's where my M&S direct debit goes to.)

turneround

bloody el…. M&S who would have thought it… do all the bikes, me watches and comes in £100 cheaper than my renewal…STW does it again..cheers all

vinnyeh

We use Hiscox- items covered up to £15k each without listing them individually- everything comes under the total cover amount you buy. Especially useful if you've got stuff other than bikes, although there's a new exclusion- bikes away from the home only covered up to 1K each now.

And we're not rich. 🙁

joolsburger
    Free Member

I use co op and they have really good cover that's remakably cheap.

Merlinman

Greenbee (John Lewis) is the same company/policy as M & S and cheaper this year, plus a £20 JL voucher.

£4k limit on individual items; make sure if you do claim for several bikes that they don't try to stiff you into them being 'a collection' – thereby triggering the £4k limit 😉

HTH

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Esure – I have about £9K (1 single bike at £5K) worth of bikes with them. Also theor service is excellent. I had 2 bikes stolen (fortunatly not the £5K one but still £2750 worth) last weekend. Had 1 replacement last Friday and the other arrived 9am today. I phoned them Satruday morning to report the thieft and they had Wheelies on the phone by 11 sorting out replacements, no forms and no ifs or buts. Mrs was easy as it was a standard bike, but mine was a custome build. Had load of photos and sent them over. The guy priced it all up for me by Monday and I was offered a replacemnet "exactly" the same, or something of the peg for the same value. Went off the peg as I didn't want to be reminded of those scumbags everytime I went for a ride. Highly recommended.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘house insurance that will cover £12k's worth of bikes…anyone??’ is closed to new replies.