• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ART.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • House insurance renewal time..
  • elzorillo
    Free Member

Considering Buildings only.. never claimed on the contents (even when burgled).. nothing of value really.. so should I go for contents.. decisions..

any advice.. horror stories?

elzorillo
    Free Member

??

br
    Free Member

I’ve never claimed on any insurance, but the outlay for buildings/contents of £150pa vs the potential cost of replacement, in the event of a fire say, is probably £500k – no brainer.

elzorillo
    Free Member

agreed.. but I’m weighing up the pros n cons of Buildings only v buildings n contents.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what is the price difference?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Kitchen and bathroom are not covered by ‘buildings’ IIRC, so in the event of a fire you wouldn’t be covered.

If you got contents for £15k I doubt there’d be much difference.

Garry_Lager

Do you not own a bike?

There must be plenty of cumulative value in your contents even if there is nothing of real individual worth. Even assorted shite like the contents under your sink would probably be £50 to replace new.

ART

What they said ^^^. I’m struggling to think of a good reason why you wouldn’t want contents insurance considering the marginal cost. Most people don’t realise just how much all their ‘stuff’ adds up and would cost to replace should it go up in smoke. Unless you really can fit all your stuff in a bag and replace it for few hundred quid then just get it.

After much arsing around with M&S a couple of years ago (see those other threads) I’ve now got building and contents for less than half of what I was paying with M&S including all the bikes as specified items. Sainsbury’s insurance btw.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘House insurance renewal time..’ is closed to new replies.