Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • House Insurance
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Having spoken to my next door neighbour about central heating systems, he showed me how he had his connected using the old piping.

He has had one leak so far and that is it.

What insurance would cover damage froma leak? Contents or buildings?

DaveGr
    Free Member

Both. Depends on what was damaged.

Xylene
    Free Member

I presume that if the building or walls were damaged then it would be contents, but if it was carpet etc it would be contents.

Just trying to get an idea of what sort of cover I would require if I go with the easier option of using the curret pipe work

DaveGr
    Free Member

wall = buildings cover. IMO if you own the house / have a mortgage then buildings cover is a good idea (if not demanded by your mortgage company) as the loss could be large in relation to the premium. Contents is more subjective.

Buildings or Contents

Buildings insurance covers the structure of the building, plus permanent “fixtures and fittings” such as baths, fitted kitchens etc. The test is – can it reasonably be removed and taken to another home? If it can, then it is part of the “contents” and it will not generally be covered by a buildings policy. Buildings policies usually include outbuildings – garages, garden sheds etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘House Insurance’ is closed to new replies.