Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • House husbands – well done, dont know how you do it !
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Only looking after my two, for one day during half term holidays, and already going nuts 😕
    Dont get me wrong I adore spending time with them, but blimey its hard work finding them stuff to do.
    So hats off to the house husbands.

mangoridebike

and the housewives too I imagine?

ddmonkey

My wife currently going bonkers, the eldest was off school with a bug all last week and now its half term so he is already bored and its raining and rubbish outside. On the plus side his colouring is getting really good!

nonk
    Free Member

it has put years on me.

baldSpot
    Free Member

it's like any thing – once you find your rhythm, it's a piece of p3ss 😀

hughjengin
    Free Member

it has put years on me.

Nonk, At least you've got that Yeti ASR to tinker with to keep from going bonkers 😉

flatfish
    Free Member

i have my son(2) all day on a wednesday and both son and daughter(3) on a friday.
    Jeez, it's hard work.

hughjengin
    Free Member

and the housewives too I imagine?

Ooops yes, thats what I meant !

Drac

It's a piece of piss.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Spade > Dig > Hole > Insert > Walk away.

Tim
    Free Member

blimey, i'd have thought people with kids would have loved spending time with them… i thought that was the point? 🙂

(yes..i know)

mudshark
    Free Member

My Mum used to set us tasks – building stuff out of lego or whatever.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Spade > Dig > Hole > Insert > Walk away.

That's a bit harsh leaving them outside in this weather.

Hammer > Nail > Foot > Floor > Walk away.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Hammer > Nail > Foot > Floor > Walk away.

I am sorry – you are very right. If they are good you could also leave them with a piece of wood to play with.

🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

To be serious for a minute though (and it is a bit difficult for me to be totally informed, but from what I experience with my 8 month old twins and seeing other people).

I would say that if you expect to have time to yourself at all then it will be difficult, but if you are prepared to just be with them like a full time job and get involved with tasks it should be manageable – if it is bad weather then make cakes, get them to invent games. I spent some time with a friend's little girl at the weekend on this one – stick them in a play hut and tell them they have been flown to a new world then when they come out they have to imagine all the things they can see and go exploring together.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I would say that if you expect to have time to yourself at all then it will be difficult,

Agreed. I normally plan to do some decorating or DIY plus look after the kids. A recipe for disaster.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

(Ohh, and whilst she was being 'flown' to the new worlds I managed to get a few breaks) 😉

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Once you get used to the fact that you will never have long enough to concentrate on finishing one single job is one go, its not too bad.

Expect to be able to do stuff like fettle the bike, a DIY job or spend some time on STW, and its a recipe for annoyed and frustrated dad.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘House husbands – well done, dont know how you do it !’ is closed to new replies.