• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GW.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • house gets no mobile signal – possible solution ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

looking at a cottage in the country at the foot of a large hill and as such gets no mobile signal on any network – advertised as such.

after enquirys it has a phone line and broadband – i recall a solution where i could plug a box into my broadband and it would work through that from vodafone access gateway at least – we are both 02 though ? any idea on availibility or cost ??

not the end of the world not to have a signal but it would be better to have it – it really is the perfect house for us bar that so worth the hassle

leebaxter
    Free Member

You would be able to get out of your 02 contracts if they provide no signal. Then find which provider has good signal

trail_rat
    Free Member

no provider gets signal – its on a steep sided valley shadowed by hills – as stated in the advert.

only pursuing because its a really nice house otherwise

elaineanne
    Free Member

the yorkshire Dales i know is crap for a signal …. '02' is your best bet !

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

You can get mobiles that use wireless broadband signal to make and receive calls. Can't remember what the system is called.

titusrider
    Free Member

As lee says try and use it as a get out of your 02 contracts and then get on vodaphone and get one of their 'booster box' things that runs through your broadband (i made up what they are called, u will have to look it up)
    theres one in our office and ill confirm they do actually work in the real world!

vinnyeh

as titusrider says, vodafone have a box that uses your broadband connection as a substitute.
    O2 may let you off your contract, but don't have to – moving to an area with no signal when you're on a contract is different to starting a contract then finding out there's no coverage.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ill phone o2 and see what they can do

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

ill phone o2 and see what they can do

Not from your new house you won't! :mrgreen:

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOLs at PP

trail_rat
    Free Member

not signed anything yet ….but lets just say ill become a grimpeur if i move there …. 6 mile – 400m climb with 3 sections 12-14-16% and down the other side is a 2 mile constant 12% with a 16% 500m kicker at the start ! – and very few cars bar some sunday morning motorcyclists

leggyblonde
    Free Member

if you have broadband and 3 you can skype. not ideal i know but an option

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Colleague in mid-Wales has a similar problem – we have a corporate contract with Vodafone, but he can't get any signal.

He now has a Vodafone Femtocell – box is called "Sure Signal". He says it works well. If the house has semi-decent broadband, it's a solution.

Paul

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

O2 will also be introducing those femtocells, I know they were trialling them along with Vodafone last year.

GrahamA
    Free Member

What you need (and indeed what I think Vodaphone offer) is a Femtocell if you don't have any luck with O2 try these guys Hay Systems

uplink
    Free Member

I know it's a bit 20th century & all that but can't you just use a landline when at home?

toppers3933
    Free Member

move house. 🙄

GW
    Free Member

down the other side is a 2 mile constant 12% with a 16% 500m kicker at the start !

that's some ski jump! 😯

just ride to the top of the hill to get/send texts or make calls.
    I get no signal at my GFs (stay there more than at mine) so if folk want me they have to call me on the landline.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘house gets no mobile signal – possible solution ?’ is closed to new replies.