Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • House contents + bike insurance
  • kathg

Having real problems finding any sort of affordable insurance which will cover a 3 bikes over £2500. The problem is that my partner and I both have kinda expensive bikes…Obviously we all want our bikes insured when we are away from home too .. y’know actually riding them!! This seems to baffle insurance companies and means they whack up the insurance premiums hugely. Anyone out there managed to get a reasonable insurance deal for their pride and joy?
    Any tips gratefully received 🙂

Kathg

patriotpro
    Free Member

I know a few people on here have had the same problems whereas others manage to get good value quotes which include their bikes.

Mine have all been reasonable and adding the bike has added a negligible amount.

Used comparison websites in the past and only ended up changing each as I either manage to get a cheaper quote for the same policy or better policy for the same price as the previous year’s policy.

Previous underwriters have been – M&S, Budget, AA.

Good luck.

druidh
    Free Member

I just got a good deal with Green Insurance. They are under-written by AXA. No onerous T&Cs and didn’t quibble about the value of the (5) bikes. Covered home and away – as long as they are securely locked to something (e.g not a bush).

Of course I, as yet, have no idea what they’ll be like handling claims.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘House contents + bike insurance’ is closed to new replies.