Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • House Buying – Sellers taking ages
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Hello,

Offer accepted on the 10 February – still not got a completion date. The sellers took about 6 weeks to find another property and get an offer accepted. As soon as their offer was accepted I was told that they were applying for a mortgage and starting searches etc. Now I’m been told they are still waiting for a mortgage offer and have not replied to a few enquiries from my solicitor.

Starting to get a bit annoyed and my mortgage term (5 year fixed) starts in July so I effectively start loosing out in a months time. What (if anything) can I do to speed up the process? Tempted to go round and talk to the seller to see what the problem is or just ring the estate agent twice a day until its sorted.

Brown
    Free Member

Set a date and tell them that if things aren’t well on their way by then you’re pulling out?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Try “Offer is good until…..”

Start looking at other houses?

woody2000

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAwKAIPBz20&feature=related[/video]

ski
    Free Member

have not replied to a few enquiries from my solicitor.

Alarm bells…..

Go round and see what the score is face to face, expect to be looking for another property after the meeting..

MRanger156
    Free Member

I think I’ll have a chat with the Estate agents to air my concerns then talk to the sellers face to face.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘House Buying – Sellers taking ages’ is closed to new replies.