Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Hottest week in ages and my climate control is kaput.
  • paulneenan76
    Free Member

Turns out it a compressor issue which is quite common on the Octavia. Now have to get someone to determine if it’s a cheap repair or a bloody £1k bill for a new one.

Sod’s law is alive and well.

slowoldman

Mine hasn’t worked for years. Open the windows.

sadexpunk

same here with my octavia. a re-gas lasted a week or so so its something more complicated, should really take it in….

deadkenny
    Free Member

Same here. Honda Civic.

From what I’ve been reading on Civic forums, it could be down to a simple relay in the fuse box. Known to basically pack up, especially when they get hot.

Check for stuff like that before taking it to a garage and being told new compressor.

Cheap relay is a low cost item to try first.

wilburt
    Free Member

Thought this may have been interesting..turns out its just another shit thread about cars. zzzzzzzz

stumpy01

What engine? The compressor went on my Ibiza which had the 130bhp 1.9tdi and that was £500 fitted for a new compressor, leak test and regas at my local independent place.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

2.0 CR Diesel.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Have a solero

seosamh77
    Free Member

open yer windae.

oldnpastit
    kjcc25
    Free Member

Just had mine replaced on a two year old Tiguan, common fault on VW. “Something works loose and shears off” according to receptionist at VW dealership.

orangewinger
    Free Member

We had to get a new compressor for our Mk5 GTI, cost us £600 from a local garage.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Same here. Honda Civic.

From what I’ve been reading on Civic forums, it could be down to a simple relay in the fuse box. Known to basically pack up, especially when they get hot.

@deadkenny – bit cheeky, but you haven’t got a link to that have you ?

re-gassed mine last year, and it worked brilliantly…for 2 weeks. Then it went back to blowing out warm air with the AC turned right down. Wondered if I could get to the relay box and check it myself, before I take it to a garage and spend money on it.

squirrelking
    Free Member

If the last time you ran it was last year the seals will be perishing by now.

deadkenny
    Free Member

@trailofdestruction – Yeah – http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/73473-updated-air-con-compressor-relay-prevent-failure.html

and this one I posted in – http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/44973-climate-control-problem-compressor-not-kicking.html

That’s for a Civic, but talking to others it sounds like this kind of thing is common for many cars and often the relays are the same. Just need to match up the numbers on the relay for a replacement and swap, see if that makes a difference. That’s my hope anyway. Yet to try it.

zilog6128

Aircon still works perfectly on my 15 year old Focus if that helps 😀

mine’s stopped working a couple of times but on both occasions was the “heater resistor pack”, a sub-£10 part hidden away on the fuse board behind the glovebox.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Cheers mate, much appreciated

mine’s stopped working a couple of times but on both occasions was the “heater resistor pack”, a sub-£10 part hidden away on the fuse board behind the glovebox.

Hmm, I’ll do some reading up on that as well I think

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

This thread reminded me that this was stuck under the stairs and might be very useful. About 12 months since I last used it and it now blows out very slightly cooler air. Anyone know if these can be re-gassed and if so , how?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JUWQjQ]20160721_111339[/url] by WCA!, on Flickr

thestabiliser
    Free Member

FIll a washing up bowl with cold water and put it in the footwell, taking care not to obstruct your pedals of course, hey presto an in car paddling pool

Mister-P
    Free Member

Something went pop on my MK5 Golf this week so now if I turn the dial to 1,2 or 3 there’s no air movement but turn it to number 4 and then you have full blast. So it’s off or blowing a gale. Apparently this is a resistor somewhere that gives up when it gets too hot.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Hottest week in ages and my climate control is kaput.’ is closed to new replies.