Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Hotmail/Outlook e-mail problems, anyone else?
  • cinnamon_girl

Cougar – thanks, that’s kind of you. Let me see what the PC man says tomorrow. I am a bimbo with technology. 😆

cinnamon_girl

Just thought I would resurrect this …

How are users getting on?

I thought service had improved but has reverted to being a pita. Usual problem of e-mails sitting there but unable to open them. 😐

weeksy

varies..

Mostly OK for me…

I’ve found that using a different browser helps. I VERY rarely have an issue opening a mail etc on my Nexus… which makes me think it’s not a hotmail issue but an Application on my internet browser issue.

cp

yeah, varies a lot for me – sometimes it works OK, sometimes it just hangs doing nothing. thankfully it’s not my main account…

gonzy
    Free Member

mine has been ok on the pc and laptop…but its the app on the phone that’s the problem….since updating to outlook a few weeks ago… its had moments (quite often) when it would sign itself out and then ask me to sign back in….this takes ages and several attempts….not had the problem for a few days so maybe its sorted itself out…

white101

mines been stop start over the last few weeks. Pain in the arris. Its the same on the laptop and the PC, phone is not smart enough to access.

granny_ring

More ok than not but still a chuffing windup when it doesn’t work.

Cougar

Hit and miss for me with Firefox, sometimes it’s fine and sometimes you can click on a message or folder and nowt happens. Sometimes, a refresh fixes it.

I’ll have a go with a different browser, see if it’s any different. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s fine in IE.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Variable. I’m not convinced that it’s down to browser because it will often work flawlessly, seeming to wait for important mail to come in before throwing a huff.

white101

Cougar, I’m on IE and its no better, click on a email and find its not talking to you. Shuts down at least twice a day on me every day.

m1kea
    Free Member

Still a mix match of OK / pita responses. Three different PC’s on home and work networks. FF & IE and different A/V & proxies.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve had problems on PC with it taking forever to bring up emails, not being able to see attachments on emails. Idly on my Windows Phone hitting reply has sent the email to everyone who has been in the email trail.

It all worked fine before and looked better to IMO

wordnumb
    Free Member

Outlook got a little better for a while, then Microtoss announced they were abandoning account linking, now I can make a cup of tea in the time it takes to log in. That’s make a cup of tea from scratch, including buying a kettle, tea bags and blending hydrogen and oxygen 2:1 for the water.

zbonty

S’alright for me. Occasionally log-on and get the can’t connect message, but click connecty and i’m straight in.

Chrome at work, Mac at home +iphone. No problems tbh.

IainAhh
    Free Member

Glad its not just me.

Spent half a hour trying to send an important email this morning.
    Working on my phone but not on my laptop, both ie and firefox same wifi.

Of course it is now working fine a hour later FFS.

It works ok most of the time but I don’t really understand why outlook is so slow and flaky at times. I rarely had any problems with Hotmail before the switch over.

samuri
    Free Member

Mine has been fine up until the last week and now it’s really, really slow. Sometimes it doesn’t respond at all. This is across multiple devices and browsers/clients.

binners

Hotmail has always just worked. Its nice to see Microsoft have now brought it in to line with all their other products 🙄

globalti
    Free Member

I still haven’t worked out how to save a new address so that their reply doesn’t get blocked.

wordnumb
    Free Member

On the bright side – it means I spend more time here on STW:

Read STW for 10 mins until Outlook fires up.
    *Click an email I need to read*
    Now looking at the third page of STW threads…
    *Attempt to reply to said email – computer says ‘cannot connect’*
    Type long whinge on STW about how rubbish modern life is. Search “what tyres for duff email provider”.

Oop! – we’re logged in, gotta go.
    Back in a mo’.

mizfiesta
    Free Member

I seriously think Outlook is getting worse by the day. If I have to keep looking at those five wee white markers flying across the top of my page while I wait for an email to open/delete, or do anything else, I think I’ll scream!

kja78
    Free Member

I’ve persevered with the new Hotmail /outlook but have finally given up. Set myself up an account with my IP and set the Hotmail account to auto forward all emails. Transferring contacts turned out to be quite easy and I’ve added a signature block at the bottom of all emails I send which says ‘please note my new address.’

I honestly think Microsoft have purposely made it rubbish to drive people away!

cinnamon_girl

Disappointed to see this thread again cos it was all going oh so well, eventually!

It’s becoming unreliable.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Yep, outlook seems crap compared to the old hotmail. Really slow at everything.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

If I have to keep looking at those five wee white markers flying across the top of my page while I wait for an email to open/delete, or do anything else, I think I’ll scream!

My thoughts exactly…

granny_ring

Same for me lately as wordnumb.

bazwadah
    Free Member

For some real fun, try changing your hotmail password – it asks you to ” type in the image characters displayed below”…. But there is no image!. Im now convinced Microsoft are purposely trying to get people to stop using hotmail for some bizarre reason, otherwise they would have sorted this by now

br
    Free Member

It’s patchy and variable, but it is free 🙂

I’m on it and tbh I find it quite amusing the folk who complain about something that is free – if you are unhappy go elsewhere.

epicyclo

I access my hotmail through the Mail app on my Mac. There’s never been a problem.

Perhaps using something similar on your PC would work instead of using the browser.

zokes
    Free Member

…and blending hydrogen and oxygen 2:1 for the water.

Which, whilst occasionally entertaining, isn’t a particularly lengthy task…

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Hotmail/Outlook e-mail problems, anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.