Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hothouse Flowers
  • SaxonRider

I might have posted on this at some point in the past, but in light of the recent Simple Minds thread, I thought I would mention the seemingly forgotten Hothouse Flowers.

They were brilliant, and I loved watching the singer play the piano at the same time.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IiGjJLxLv0[/video]

fenred
    Free Member

Blimmin fab! Only got to see them play live once at Summer Xs, Wembley in ’91…Still play their material every now and then and it always puts a smile on my face. Timeless! 8)

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Hot House Flowers? Not forgotten in my house,unfortunately I never got to see them live 😐

stuey
    Free Member

I loved their great live cover of ‘C-line woman’ – anybody got a copy/source I’ve lost mine 🙁

I’m now sing along to ” love don’t work this way” 🙂

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Saw them at Feilie Festival 1990 in Tipperary

Philby

Saw them live at Glastonbury – amazing live performance. Remember my late mate Jim having a few tears in his eyes during the gig, so always have very fond memories of them. At the time I was working for Oxfam on a campaigns stall right by the Pyramid Stage and the lead singer and his gorgeous Latin American girlfriend stopped by the stall a couple of hour after the gig and chatted about the work that Oxfam was doing in Latin America. A very genuine and humble guy, not a self-obsessed ego-centric pop star.

MrOvershoot

Can’t believe no one has posted this one yet!
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWlPcpd2olQ[/video]

sturdylad
    Free Member

Wow, not heard “Amazing” before.
    I’m now working my way through their stuff on you tube, thank you!

granny_ring

Blimey, had forgotten about them. Like that tune.

CountZero

Thanks for the reminder, they’d rather dropped off my radar. Always liked Dont Go, but I’ve never heard Amazing before, like a particularly epic Waterboys. Love the sax!
    Shazamed for future reference, thank you! 😀

mills
    Free Member

Saw the hothouse flowers quite a few times in the 90s, great band live!! Got tickets to see them in Glasgow in November, wondering if they will still be as good 20 years on?

andy4d

They do a great cover of’i can see clearly now’ I think jimmy cliff did the original. It was on an old 12″ of dont go.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They do a great cover of’i can see clearly now’

+1

Fond memories of the late eighties/early nineties at Uni in Ireland. You were never far from a HHF track playing somewhere. For those who can’t figure out the lead singer’s surname is pronounced, it’s O MwainLEE, which of course, being Gaelic is entirely obvious from “Ó Maonlaí”. 😀 AFAIK, they’re all fluent Gaelic speakers and have done a number of tracks in Gaelic over the years.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hothouse Flowers’ is closed to new replies.