Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hothouse Flowers
  • SaxonRider

In Canada, they earned a bit of a following, but didn’t stick around long. How was the band received here, and why did they neither develop the sort of ongoing art/’cult’ following Mike Scott’s Waterboys did, or at least stay in people’s memory the way even a band like Big Country or Simple Minds seem to have?

Thoughts? Opinions? I mean, this is one groovy tune… 8)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31HUdQvI1Mk[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

I loved them, was a massive fan 😀

“Ooohhh don’t go, don’t leave me mañana aa ” 😆

fenred
    Free Member

Last saw them at Summer XS, Wembley stadium in ’91

Fanbleedintastic! 8)

kilo

As far as i recall bit of a poor mans Waterboys

postierich
    Free Member

Was a fan! Summer XS great gig how hot 🙂

sc-xc

I remember walking past them when they were playing ‘I can see clearly’ at Glastonbury.

I thought it was MOR nonsense then…I haven’t bothered with them since…

postierich
    Free Member

Still going and playing a local gig near me in May
    http://www.keswickmountainfestival.co.uk/music

fenred
    Free Member

Was a fan! Summer XS great gig how hot

Even the bottle of warm pi$$ I received on the back of my neck was bizarrely refreshing…Oi, I hope that wasn’t yours! 😉

bigblackshed

Home is a fantastic album. Haven’t listened to it for some time. Will have to dig out the vinyl.

Philby

Saw them on the Pyramid stage at Glastonbury around 93 or 94. Stunning performance – a few people around me were in tears, including a very close mate who died suddenly and tragically a few years later. The very mention of their name reminds me of my mate Jim.

I was working for Oxfam at Glastonbury in the Campaigns tent at the time, and the lead singer and his rather gorgeous girlfriend turned up and spent over 15 minutes talking about what Oxfam’s campaigns were about – this was half an hour after his gig. Came across as a really humble guy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hothouse Flowers’ is closed to new replies.