• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by awh.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hotels in Bristol
  • jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

What’s hot and what’s not ? I’m looking to book something for bikefest / wedding anniversary weekend away .

Sandwich

Clifton Hotels are our favourites when visiting Sandwich Jr.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Budget? Avon Gorge Hotel is nice, good terrace & bar if the sun is out, close to Ashton Court. may be a bit expensive and can book out if there is a wedding on.

clodhopper
    Free Member

No. 38 Clifton is very nice, excellent breakfast and lovely rooms. Nice quiet part of town, with Clifton Downs just across the road. Avon Gorge Hotel has stunning views of the bridge, but I guess you’d be paying a fair bit for a room with a really good view. At the other end of things, the Mercure Holland House has rooms with great views out over the harbour, if you’re lucky, and is a lot less expensive. Not a ‘posh’ place but then you’re right near the centre of town without it being noisy, and a short walk away from some good pubs and restaurants, and Mud Dock, which is all important.

mefty
    Free Member

Long time since I have been there, but the Hotel du Vin was very nice.

thepublican
    Free Member

Loft Suite West at No38 Clifton. The best hotel room in Bristol, and very reasonably priced (for the standard).

There’s an excellent secret (not really..) cocktail bar next door call Hausbar (they take reservations) if you want a return on your investment… 🙂

Excellent restaurants on White ladies rd all within a short walk. I recommend Bravas for London level tapas, at regional prices, with a great atmosphere.

Hoff

Brooks Guest House tucked away in the middle of St Nicholas Market, Nothing too fancy or expensive, just a great place to base yourself & the staff are superb. They even have Airstream caravans in the roof that you can stay in..

TheDTs
    Free Member

I have a Barred myself from Hausbar!

awh
    Free Member

Hopefully the weekends are better, but when colleagues stay in Bristol during the week they find there’s very little choice as it’s booked up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hotels in Bristol’ is closed to new replies.