Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hotels in Antwerp
  • gozarch
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend one? Spending two nights there later this month. Looked at Trip Advisor but nothing’s leapt out so far. Going to a gig in the east of the city, but would probably prefer to stay nearer to the old part of town.

Caher

Have stayed in the Park Inn when working there – near the station and very central for transfer links.
    Nice city Antwerp.

BoardinBob

The Lindner. Right next to the train station and on the edge of the old town. 10 minute walk to the cathedral and the concert venue is on the way. Modern, well priced and good service. I stay there half a dozen times a year.

gozarch
    Free Member

Hmm, the Lindner looks ok. How’s the bar? Just for nightcap purposes, obviously. Not on the way to the venue though; that’s out in Borgerhout.

Quite fancy staying in something that is a bit less modern and chainy looking, but equally I like the sound of the sauna!

BoardinBob

Nice bar on the ground floor. Amazing beers obviously. Really nice sky bar that only opens in summer months.

Hotels are hit and miss in Antwerp. Colleagues have stayed in some absolute horrors. We all stay at the lindner now.

Sui
    Free Member

Boardinbob has said it, it’s why my old company bought a penthouse for staff to use. Backed right on to the red light district, which I might add is worth having a look around. Antwerp old town Is a nice place to go out in the evening, it’s got a massive Italian restaurant that does good food, though all of the cafe bars around the square are worth looking at for more diverse food. Must go back soon..

gozarch
    Free Member

Thanks, chaps. Lindner booked

hofnar
    Free Member

Venue in Borgerhout? You do know that Borgerhout is not really the nicest of neighboorhoods? Check your times and where to go.

gemini29
    Free Member
    gozarch
    Free Member

Hofnar, it’s the Trix. Hadn’t heard anything about it being a particularly bad area. Maybe we’ll get the tram rather than walk, though I do like to explore. Is it really that bad?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hotels in Antwerp’ is closed to new replies.