Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hotels and Bike washing…..
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Packing up to go back through the quarantine inspectors on the way back to Oz and trying to shift half of a Utah desert from the bike, there is only one thing for it 🙂
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/zKPkiy]Bath time[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Give us your best bike washing pics

Poopscoop

Oh, utter evilness… love it! 😀

JoeG
    Free Member

Did the hotel provide a tiny little bottle of bike wash? :mrgreen:

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not bottle of bike wash, Walmart sorted that. However pro tip is baby wipes for getting it spotless, back to scrubbing tyres in a bit

robgclarkson
    Free Member

centre parcs… now i could have paid a pound to use the bike washing facilities… or… you know

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

FWIW we hotelled it a few years ago for a race weekend (3 stages over 2 days) I just asked the bloke on reception if there was a hose pipe anywhere in the service yard. Took him about a minute to arrange a hose, hot water, bucket and sponges.

He’d probably had to deal with the fall out from people cleaning their bikes in the shower/bath before………

globalti
    Free Member

NEVER wash a bike upside-down, unless you want to be changing rusted-up headset bearings, that is…

This was after a ride to the city on salty winter roads; the shower of warm water removed all the road crud and salt superbly:

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I never thought of that! Won’t be doing that again! Cheers!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

NEVER wash a bike upside-down, unless you want to be changing rusted-up headset bearings, that is…

I’ll remember that, when I next need to change them as they are 2 1/2 years old now. Good sealed bearings and from what I recall when fitting them there is no hole into the frame from the head tube so not really an issue. Also the level of cleaning required if you get inspected coming into Oz requires cleaning from all angles.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hotels and Bike washing…..’ is closed to new replies.