Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Hotel recommendations: Preston/Blackburn/Chorley area
  • nickewen
    Free Member

As titled really. Does anyone know of any good hotels in this area?

I’m down there all of next week at short notice with work and am trying to get booked into somewhere nice that has a pool and gym ideally.

Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated. Cheers

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Park Hall in Euxton

(obviously try late rooms.com)

youngrob

The Dunkenhalgh is good and has gym etc. Avoid the Best Western Mytton Fold though.

yoshimi

Kilhey Court fits your bill

geoffj

Maybe a bit too far, but The Last Drop fits the bill – handy for some good riding too.

http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-6634-mercure-bolton-last-drop-village-hotel-and-spa/index.shtml

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions all. Will have a look at those on my lunch break.

Sadly there’s no scope for riding as it will be early starts and late finishes (oh how I love my job!!)

Cheers

binners

How late’s late? 7.30 start for a night ride do-able? if so, there are a few of us out that neck of the woods

nickewen
    Free Member

Yeah should be away by 730 at least a couple of nights but unfortunately I dont have any lights… Or experience of night riding… I was going to get some lights this month but the car stung me for a good few hundred quid!

binners

TO be honest… that’s kind of banking on us not being underwater by then. Which is a big if.

Wednesday or Thursday nights are our usual night riding sortees. I’ve got a decent spare set of lights if you fancy giving it a go

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks very much for the offer – that sounds really good. I’ll drop you a mail with my mobile number on etc. and we can try and sort something if you’re not flooded down there by then…

Cheers

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am chorley based – Binners mail me as well if it is a weds ride as i ride tuesday anyway and cannot do Thursday

OP I can also lend lights and show you round Rivvy – Chorley if required

nickewen
    Free Member

Nice one. Thanks Binners and Junkyard!

binners

JY Shall we aim for Rivi on Wednesday evening then?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Aye sounds like a plan

molgrips
    Free Member

I miss the northern crew. They are nicer than the southern crew.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Marriot at Preston isn’t bad either.

More importantly, it looks like we’ve got another STW Rivi nightride planned. I’d be up for that. I’ll keep an eye on this thread.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Moly, we love you too.

binners

We do indeed. And here’s a vid of our previous Rivi run to bring back some happy summer memories

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEqItT8-7s&feature=relmfu[/video]

traildog
    Free Member

There is the Premier Inn in Chorley which is right next door to David Lloyd. I think you can get a day pass to the gym for seven quid and it’s near a reasonable pub and easy to get to from the motorway, or the A road to Blackburn.

nickewen
    Free Member

Video looks sweet! Cheers for the info TD.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

What an exotic part of the country you’re lucky enough to be sent to…

crispo
    Free Member

Traildog makes a good point.

The David Lloyd next to the Premier Inn is really good, we used to be members there until we moved. Pub the other side of it serves good food and has a couple of good beers on.

Best thing is that you can cycle form your door straight up to Healey Nab and round the reservoirs to Rivington.

binners

Who’s up for Rivi next Wednesday night then? 7.45 kick off?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’m not normally one to let the weather forecast derail my riding but I don’t fancy being on top of Winter Hill in a thunderstorm ever again. (Once was definately enough)

binners

Its not looking to clever, but a few of us are going to give it a go anyway.

Meeting up on the road up to the top barn at 7.30. Not going to bother with Winter Hill Belmont if its going to rain, as it’ll be a bog anyway. We’ll be mucking about lower (ish) down. Heally Nab and the gardens

If the weathers truly awful, that’s why god invented pubs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Hotel recommendations: Preston/Blackburn/Chorley area’ is closed to new replies.