Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • hotel north wales
  • crankboy
    Free Member

OK so far stw has given me :-
    The Black Swan in Ravenstone dale
    The Rose and Crown in Romoldskirk
    And Hotel des Grand Homes in Paris .
    All excellent especially the Rose And Crown.
    I now need somewhere for a romantic weekend in north wales within an hour of the Wirral. Please nice food and comfortable rooms.

geoffj

Bulls Head in Beaumaris. Probably stretching the 1hr time limit though

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I think I recommended the Black Swan however, I’ve stayed in plenty of places in N Wales, but can’t recommend any I’m afraid.

Maybe I’ve been unlucky, maybe it’s the way it is. I suspect the latter.

tillydog
    Free Member

Try Gales in Llangollen

(No connections, etc.)

crankygirl
    Free Member

(Mrs Crankboy here) – thanks for those suggestions, the bulls head looks fab and probably worth the extra distance, I do like Anglesey 🙂

hamishthecat
    Free Member

PYG

No idea if it’s within an hour of the Wirral though.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Ty anne guest house in beaumaris is amazing, only two rooms but both overlook the coast line, as in right across the road.

They dont do evening meals though, but you c8ukd walk up to the bulls head for food.
    Have a look on trip advisor

stumpy01

Ruthin Castle hotel is great, not sure it’s within an hour of the Wirral though. Used to be one of the hotels you could get on the Tesco Clubcard. We stayed there for a lovely couple of nights a while back. There was snow overnight which made the drive back interesting.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Romantic weekend… great hotel – brilliant food: Portmeirion

http://www.portmeirion-village.com/

Stay in one of the village rooms for a really special experiance of the place.

If its for the winter, they do a special rate for Nov/Dec/jan/feb – £130 for 2 course dinner, bed & breakfast for a double room in the village.

tho its closer to 2hrs from the wirral.
    Beautiful place tho.

iolo
    Free Member

Portmeirion +1

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Haven’t stayed here but it was on Four in a Bed and it looked very lovely 🙂
    Plas Dinas

toby1

Escape was nice, did stay there several years ago though.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

For somewhere posh on Anglesey try here

http://www.treysgawen-hall.co.uk/

Very, very nice… (i recommend the “Brown Brothers Everyon Red wine) 😀

ThePinkster

Not quite North Wales but very close to the border in Cheshire (and close to the Wirral too) is Carden Park which is quite nice.

The England footy team has been known to stop there when playing in Manchester as well.

stew1982
    Free Member

Carden park is over rated ime (excluding the golf). Best place is Rowton Hall Hotel, nice rooms and good food, plus it’s a spa.

ekul
    Free Member

Hmmmm I wasn’t blown away by Rowton Hall and didn’t rate the food at all tbh… But then I was there for a wedding so that’s possibly why… Fantastic sausage butties at half 10 though!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Kinmel Arms in St George –top food and the rooms are likewise –might be booked a lot though….only have six rooms but do a lot of covers …

dti

Further but better , Plas Bodegroes, Pwllheli.

dpfr

Tre Ysgawen is very good (if you can find the bloody place!)

crankboy
    Free Member

Bulls Head was really really good if I cane the overtime or win the lottery I’ll be going back. Very good rooms excellent food and really nice staff .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘hotel north wales’ is closed to new replies.