• This topic has 20 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Hotel in Paris
  • mcobie
    Free Member

Hi all

Spending a night in Paris on our way back from holiday in the south of France towards the end of September.

Does anyone have suggestions for a nice place to stay for one night (Saturday)with nice restaurants/bars/cafe’s within walking distance? Budget would be about £100 per night.

Ta muchly 😀

hot_fiat

Ibis Porte d’Oleans?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Hotel Marceau–very cute and a great location (Ave Marceau)

mcobie
    Free Member

Cheers chaps; I’ll have a look at both of those 😀

lunge

Novotel near the Eiffel Tower. It’s a 20 minute stroll under the tower to Tocadero where there are a good few restaurants and bars.

nemesis
    Free Member

http://www.radissonblu.com/hotel-pariseiffel

Over your budget on full price but we stayed there for a couple of nights for just over £100 a night with some internet searching

DougD

Can recommend the Hotel Beaubourg, stayed there a few years ago, nice hotel, excellent location in central Paris, Hotel Beaubourg

crankboy
    Free Member

we last stayed at “hotel des grand hommes” it was recommended on here. It is near the pantheon and handy for the bars and restaurants round Sorbonne but the hotel area itself is quietn a nice walk to Jardans de luxenberg.
    http://www.hoteldesgrandshommes.com/en/

wobbliscott
    Free Member

We stayed at the Balmoral Hotel off one of the streets off the Arc de Triumph roundabout. Not sure if it fits within budget, but was an old typically Parisian building with a family owned/run feel about it so very quaint (though I’m sure it is probably owned by a larger evil hotel chain.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I lived in Paris during 2013. I hadn’t responded with any central Paris hotels as your budget is £100 and I thought that would be a struggle. Ave Marceau is indeed a nice area. I assume you are driving ? That does take a certain commitment but is do-able with care into the centre, my experience is that when the Parisians see a UK plate they are quite accommodating vs the very aggressive driving they do with each other. If you are going to book a central hotel then ask about parking. Whilst there is metered parking (Payant) everywhere it’s usually tough to find spaces.

Two thoughts from me, Best Western at Trocadero, request a room with a view of the tower. Or “alternative” is find a small hotel in Levallois (where I lived) close to the Marie (very impressive as town halls go), lots of bars / restaurants, get the metro into central Paris. Levallois is on the peripherique so avoids the worst of the driving in central Paris. Also the exit West/North to the tunnel is quite good – 2 odd hours on a good run via A16

Squidlord
    Free Member

I’m just back from Paris. I can’t really recommend the hotel we used, but the area we stayed in should suit you. Bastille seemed full of restaurants, bars etc. But I preferred the cafes. The further you go down the backstreets, the better they seem to get.

tsd
    Free Member

Stayed here http://www.arts-hotel-paris.com/ 18months ago for three nights and would go back there. Plenty of food options near by.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

Hotel Jules… on Rue Lafayette near ‘opera’ I have stayed there a few times and is a boutique style place which is also pretty good value.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve stayed Mama Shelter when I’ve visited or passed through and needed a stop. It’s a bit “cool” but the rooms are good and, if you can get over the hipsters packing the place out, the restaurant is decent (and there’s some good ones nearby too). The rooms have good aircon and the parking whilst not cheap is secure. The neighbourhood isn’t in the centre of the city but it’s a short metro ride into the middle and because it’s a few mins from the peripherique it’s easy to get to and from in a car. Oh, and its usually pretty cheap, I’ve stayed there for under 50e.

voodoo_chile

Mama shelter is great bit pricy for drinks but cool hangout ,fan of Montmartre myself but can be a bit spicy at times ..what a metropolis !!

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I’ve been in Paris Hilton and it was over rated to be honest

mcobie
    Free Member

Wow, thanks everyone; lots of great ideas which we’ll no doubt spend the weekend trawling through 😀

We’ll be driving, so parking would definitely be needed (I’ll have the bike too, so being in a secure hotel car park would be desirable – although if I can I’ll have the bike in our room).

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

fourbanger
    Free Member

http://www.lerobinetdor.com/en/

Cool little bars and cafés over by the canal, 2 minutes walk. Highly recommended.

plumber
    Free Member

Comfort Hotel Mouffetard/Latin Quarter

56, rue Mouffetard, Paris, FR, 75005

my favourite little area of paris and a sunday market just down the street

bigdawg
    Free Member

im with fourbanger stayed at Le Robinet d’Or last weekend with the kids, Ive been to Paris literally hundreds of times and this is bar far the best hotel Ive stayed in, cant wait to go back – also check out the canal, pink flamingo pizza and the Sunken Chip.

DrJ

Haven’t stayed at the robinet d’or but it’s in a great location especially if you’re an Amelie fan 🙂 or a fan of older cinema (Hotel du Nord – good food).

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Hotel in Paris’ is closed to new replies.