Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Hot hatch owners… need help!
  • desboy3
    Free Member

Looking at a Renaultsport Clio 200 and was wondering how other owners transported their bikes with it? I dont think itll take a tow bar and dont know about roof fixings and my local dealer is very unhelpful! Over to the forum then….!

desboy3
    Free Member

Any one?

allthegear
    Free Member

If the dealer is unhelpful before you buy, what on Earth are they going to be like afterwards????

Can’t help you on info, sorry – I have a Skoda Octavia – it’s the law…

Rachel

Taff
    Free Member

Not got one but why can’t you use a normal rack?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Try http://www.roofbox.co.uk it will tell you what options there are for that car

martymac

try thule for roof bars and bike carrier.
    im with allthegear though, if the dealer is unhelpful now, it wouldnt encourage me to buy the car.
    like clios though, my mate has a 182, its nippy as ****.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Or just Florida the back seats down and throw your bike in the back. I ONLY use a bike rack if I have 3 people and 3 bikes to transport. Anything less and inside the car is so much easier and faster. That’s what hatches are for.

sslowpace
    Free Member

2 people+ 2 bikes in the back with the seat down in my 172cup with a load of kit was never a problem.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yep, i have a fiesta zetec s and can easily fit a couple of 6″ travel bikes plus 2 large humans in it with the back seats down. that way it doesn’t mess with my fuel economy.
    just make sure you get some kind of liner to go inside to minimise the muck everywhere!

ben
    Free Member

You can fit roof bars on a clio 200.

Pooley
    Free Member

Two posts before Skoda was mentioned. This on a post about hot hatches. Unbelievable. Towsure site, will sort you out, one way or the other.

timc
    Free Member

Tell me about it, bloody Skoda owners have to keep telling everyone how good Skoda’s are…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My 2.0 vRS estate is pretty good.

You can definitely fit roof bars etc to a Clio 200. A friend has some I’m pretty sure on his.

As above though, if your local dealer is an idiot, try and find another Renault main dealer. There must be enough of them. We were going to buy a Fiesta ST a few years back now but the local Ford dealer in Huddersfield was staffed by morons so we walked away and bought a Civic instead.

nockmeister
    Free Member

Head over to cliosport.net and ask there…Ive got a 172 have the same issues. The Thule roof bars secure to the gutterless roof in a VERY precarious way so i fire the bike in the back..

Get the ClioRS 200 you will not regret!

jeff

When I was looking, almost all the hot hatches did not allow tow bars to be fitted – either due to twin exhausts like the old clio 182, or body kits getting in the way, or the manufacturers deciding no one will want to tow a caravan with a hot hatch.

Only hatch I found that could have a tow bar fitted was the toyota corolla t-sport and that has had a notch taken out of the rear bumper to fit.

With the clio, you’ll struggle to fit a rear rack (I think) as the straps will rub on the spoiler…

roof racks are your only option… will be bad for your MPG…

neil853
    Free Member

Why would you take time over picking the right car, then put it in the back scratching, marking and shitting up the interior? 🙄

As someone has said before the roofboxco are very good, i got all my roof racks and accessories from there and they were extremeley helpful.

p.s i have an Octavia estate also 8)

titusrider
    Free Member

Ive got the Alfa Mito 135 BHP and that take two bike with the back seats down no problems.

Oh how I wish I could have got the cloverleaf 🙁

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Why would you take time over picking the right car, then put it in the back scratching, marking and shitting up the interior?

If you’ve bought a hatchback why would you go to the hassle of putting a roof rack on with all the potential for paint scratching? Point about a hatchback is you can fit bikes inside. If I’m on my own my bike goes in my Golf by just taking the front wheel off. Interior is kept perfect by using an old double duvet cover which completely protects from dirt etc.

neil853
    Free Member

And yet i can put it on my roof with little to no chance of marking the car in two minutes………. Handy when its raining and people are faffing about trying to get the bike in the back 🙄

spacemonkey

+1 for Roofbox. Their site will tell you options, plus they’re decent folk too.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

And yet i can put it on my roof with little to no chance of marking the car in two minutes………. Handy when its raining and people are faffing about trying to get the bike in the back

There is at least as much chance of scratching the paintwork with the bike or bits of kit when putting something onto a roofrack as there is putting it inside, especially if you are doing it in a hurry in the rain. You also have to take the roofrack on and off unless you put up with it sitting there permanently, increasing fuel consumption, looking ugly, and creating wind noise.

It’s a personal thing, but I don’t like subjecting my bike to a 70mph water blast, and prefer the security of it being inside the car

neil853
    Free Member

it is a personal choice as you say, i prefer to limit damage to the inside of my car, get changed quicker and have the luxury of still having a boot to use instead of the back of the car being full of bike.

glenh
    Free Member

It’s a personal thing, but I don’t like subjecting my bike to a 70mph water blast, and prefer the security of it being inside the car

That’s exactly why I have mine on the roof! Gives it a nice wash (and I don’t need to wash the inside of the car either).

Brycey
    Free Member

My mates got one with roof bars. I used to have a 197 that took two bikes in the back with minimal hassle. Bloody miss that car, it’s a proper go-kart.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Hot hatch owners… need help!’ is closed to new replies.