Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hot Cross bun season
  • andyl
    Free Member

Sat in work and just opened a pack of Waitrose mini chocolate & orange ones and ZOMG(!) I am going to eat the whole pack by lunch at this rate!

I doubt they will replace the good old traditional long term but at the moment they are too addictive (and I will probably eat too many and not be able to face them again).

tails
    Free Member

Smothered in butter I hope!

andyl
    Free Member

regulars of course. Warm and buttery. The mini ones no as I forgot my butter this morning.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I particularly enjoy the M&S luxery ones. Lightly toasted and smothered with cold butter…….does life get much better?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Any will do me…as long as they’re toasted to the point of nearly burning and smothered with enough salty butter to the point that it’s dripping off my fingers as well. 😀

As for season…I’ve been eating them since they first appeared in Sainsbury’s down the road…I think it was 2nd January. 😆

ulysse
    Free Member

does life get much better?

Bumsex?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Bunsex surely … ?

Anyway…. I had two this morning with a cuppa sitting in the back garden in the sun…. Happy days

rob1984p
    Free Member

Had some nice Tesco Finest ones with a yellow label on last week, the pretty till girl asked what hot cross buns are like and whether they were nice!?

I said I couldn’t believe a British person could get to adulthood and not have eaten one, she replied “I’m only 20, not an adult”. Ha!

andyl
    Free Member

As for season…I’ve been eating them since they first appeared in Sainsbury’s down the road…I think it was 2nd January.

Well yes, As soon as Xmas is over it’s hot cross bun season. i think it officially ends mid to late summer 😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

“I’m only 20, not an adult”.

Bless….! 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Aldi luxury ones are great value for money, as are the Tesco Finest when on bogof.

With butter and some nice strong cheese.

RustySpanner

Aldi standard range bitterly disappointing.

Not a hint of spice, texture all wrong.
    Basically, it’s yer standard bun, wiv a cross on it.

Avoid.

chopchop
    Free Member

I’ve developed a taste for Tesco salted caramel flavour buns, they’re soo moorish. Toasted, salty butter and a good mug of tea, nom.

sockpuppet

I like the Sainsbury’s ones with cranberries and golden raisins. And an unseemly amount of butter, naturally.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hot Cross bun season’ is closed to new replies.