Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hot air balloon rides over Hampshire
  • onandon
    Free Member

I’ve wanted to do this for ages but never got around it. The time has come to get it together for a trip.
    Anyone done a balloon ride around Fleet/Basingstoke etc who did you use , how much ?
    If you book a ride and the weather is nasty, do you get to rebook/refund?

Any info, help would be appreciated.

Thanks

5lab

groupon had vouchers for virginbaloons a couple of weeks ago – I think I got 2 ‘anytime’ sessions for £120 or so (list price is £200 per voucher).

Can’t comment on the experiance cos i’ve not been on it yet, but worth keeping your eye out

thepurist

I drive past this lot’s trailer pretty often on the way into Guildford – don’t know anything about them tho – sorry! http://www.reach4thesky.co.uk/

onandon
    Free Member

Cheers guys, thats give me a starting place.

singletrackmind

There is a bunch that launch from the feild near the West Meon Hut crossroads, A272 / A32 interchange.
    Not a million miles from you , they do go early doors though 0600 start!

Bear
    Free Member

Will ask friend who is pilot in kent if he can recommend. He’ll probably see this and post though.

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks Bear that would be great.

singletrackmind
    sparkyspice
    Free Member

Hi I am the pilot for Kent Ballooning that Bear mentioned. The only company that I would whole-heartedly recommend would be British School of Ballooning (hotair.co.uk). Tell them Spice sent you (Judy Scaife is the boss and you may or may not get her on the phone) and they should look after you (I sometimes fly for them) and they take care of their customers and have loads of balloons to fly.
    You get what you pay for and forchristsakes don’t go with Go Ballooning – you’ll regret it!!!

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Alternatively if you want to fly in Kent, come and fly with me!
    kentballooning.com If not then at least have a look at our video to see what to expect!

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help with this one.
    It’s something I’ve wanted to go for years but I don’t want to be stuck in a basket a few 000 up with some “*^”^%* who is anti public.

I’ll give them a call and see if they have anything lined up for later in the season.

Thanks again
    Steve

Muke
    Free Member

Have a look at Adventureballoons.co.uk as I often see them in the Basingstoke area.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hot air balloon rides over Hampshire’ is closed to new replies.