Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hot Air Balloon Ride
  • spacecadett
    Free Member

Evening all,

Has any body ever booked or been on a hot air balloon ride? It's the missus' birthday coming up in December and it is something she has always wanted to do.

I am based in Nottingham but don't neccessarily have to go from there.

Any experience or reccomendations would be great.

Cheers.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Ive done one and its brilliant, buy the year long voucher so that you can book whenever you want it, but be prepared to be disappointed on the day as weather conditions can change at short notice..
    I did an early morning one with Wickers World, I managed to get up first time of asking and it was superb, photo taken and flight voucher signed to boot.
    Take some binoculars up.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Can definitely recommend this also. I went with Pendelton balloon company from the bottom of Windermere and the girlfriend loved it.

We were lucky…booked and flew at the first attempt on a glorious July day.

Well worth it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cheers_drive

It was great and would have been very romantic if it wasn't for the 'pilot' and my 2 male work mates!
    As mentioned you need to be flexible because of conditions so don't pick somewhere too far away from home.

montylikesbeer

Did a virgin one a few years ago over the Yorkshire dales, was superb

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I booked one last month for my GF's birthday, and had it ready to go in the afternoon from near Glastonbury Tor but it was cancelled due to bad weather. Booked for 2 days later from Sherborne Castle grounds, but again cancelled to bad weather.
    Re-booked for 2 weeks later, and again cancelled due to bad weather (high winds this time). Each time, both days either side of the one we've chosen have been perfect weather for goign up – aarrggh!

Luckily it's a 12month voucher so we will just keep trying.

gusamc
    Free Member

Did one from Bath, took off from Great Crescent or something like that, really enjoyed it, view very weird and the archaelogy type features that you can see from ground markings was impressive.

If you can't be VERY flexible on dates/times its not for you.

Binoculars seconded, also warm clothing/gloves/hat in winter and poss clothing with a thick and thin side as the burner doesn't half make a difference …..

It **may have been this lot but it was a LONG time ago.
    http://www.bathballoons.co.uk/?gclid=CK_vx7u-gp4CFVBd4wodCUK1pA

Worth shopping around.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Got my sister one for xmas last year – its been cancelled seven times now! They can only fly in winds of less than 4mph i think it is.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Did on last year in Cappadoccia, Turkey. We were in the air for almost 2 hours over some of the most stunning scenery on the planet. Not cheap, but one of the best things we've ever done.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I got a Virgin voucher for my dad for his 60th. My mum managed to get a ride too by just being there on the day at a reduced price. They both loved it.

As above – you need to be flexible on times and days.

flip
    Free Member

I've been on one from Shugborough Hall is Staffordshire, it was truly amazing, we landed north of Uttoxeter. Its suprisingly hot because of the big flamey thing.

Thoughroughly reccommend it 😉

spacecadett
    Free Member

Thank you for all the feedback, so many good experiences.

I am definately going to book one. Wickers World looks suitable, thanks neverfastenuff, they fly from Chatsworth which is only 30 mins away and I can pay for the missus and me in over installments.

Thanks once again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hot Air Balloon Ride’ is closed to new replies.