Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hosepipe tap connector for large diameter tap
  • chambord
    Free Member

Fed up of washing my bike from a bucket and would like to upgrade to a hosepipe. My tap is a mixer which is a similar shape to this:

Which means this type

doesn’t fit, and is just over 1 1/8″ in diameter, meaning I can’t find any of this type

big enough.

I tried hacking a bit of rubber together to do a similar thing but it leaks everywhere. Anyone know of anything which might do the job?

wwaswas

get one of those tap kits?

I ended up with water spraying over the kitchen once too often using those rubber thing with a clamp type connectors.

chambord
    Free Member

Unfortunately I don’t own my house, otherwise I would have drilled a hole and installed a tap outside long ago.

wwaswas

just fit the tap under the sink rather than drilling holes in walls?

northernmatt

Don’t use on them kits, the self tapping thing you clamp on to the pipes are a bit crap. Get one of the below and pipe it in using speedfit fittings, you’ll get better flow this way as well.

chambord
    Free Member

wwaswas, good idea… I’ll have a read.

Matt – I have no idea what that is, looks like an unstable candlestick – have you got a name I can google? EDIT: Just found it, so that would be the outside tap bit. I suppose I could properly plumb in a tap under the sink. Don’t know whether my landlord would be very impressed with this though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hosepipe tap connector for large diameter tap’ is closed to new replies.