Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hose Fittings
  • singlespeedstu

Anyone know where I can get a hose fitting the some as the ones in this link please?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZGZDCWC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Both of the fittings that came with the washer have broken.

maccruiskeen

Aren’t those just regular Hozelock hosepipe connectors? You can get Hozelock and cheaper unbranded equivalents in B&Q. Theres usually a little pick and mix rack of them in the gardening bit

Screwfix and Toolstation do them cheaply too

singlespeedstu

The pipe is a lot smaller than regular garden hose.
    Around 10mm OD 6mm ID.

maccruiskeen

So would a regular hose lock connector still fit to it though? It looks a lot like a hozelock fitting. You’d maybe just need to find a way to step down to a narrower hose.

scotroutes

There’s a Hozelock adapter for thinner hoses (like the Mobi). It’s a tight squeeze but it works and you can then fit any Hozelock pistol etc.

maccruiskeen

If both fittings have broken (and a hozelock ‘female bit’ fits the male nubbins on the pump and pistol) just use a regular bit of hosepipe.

singlespeedstu

There’s a Hozelock adapter for thinner hoses

Any links to one please?

a hozelock ‘female bit’ fits the male nubbins on the pump

The external thread on the outlet of the pump is an odd size.

ulysse
    Free Member

If the thread ain’t BSP, it will be NPT

ulysse
    Free Member

Are you sure the hose is 1/4″ bore, from those pics I’d guess 3/8″ bore, quarter would be massively restrictive, 3/8 is fairly common in low end garden hoses

singlespeedstu

Yep measured the hose as 10mm od 6 mm id.
    I presume they use small bore hose to help keep the pressure higher and use less water.

ulysse
    Free Member

Hmm, that complicates matters, I’d then suggest going to your local hydraulic place, like Pirtek, Lancashire Tanks, or such and going the adapter route, say for instance 1/4″firtree hosetail to BSP or NPT swivel female- hose clip these on to your existing hose, and adapt up to the hoselocks which I’d guess at being 1/2″bsp female

takisawa2

Are you talking about the female bayonet connector ?
    (The light blue one…)

If so, a std hozelok should work.
    To get your hose to fit, slide the nut onto the hose first, then hold the hose in boiling water for a few mins, it should soften up enough to go onto the back of the bayonet.

singlespeedstu

Cheers all.
    I’ll try the Hozelock scotroutes has linked to.

nickdavies

Try nomad – they used to keep spares but seem to have ceased doing anything useful.. they may have those though. Mine is the same size.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hose Fittings’ is closed to new replies.