Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Horses in FoD this weekend – Sunday 2nd March
  • psling
    Free Member

Just a heads up really for anyone planning to ride in Forest of Dean this Sunday, there is a horse riding endurance event going on. It doesn’t encroach on the Verderers, Freeminer, or Downhill trails but passes close by so anyone riding a bit further afield from Pedalabikeaway be aware of horses on the trails 8)

belugabob
    Free Member

What a great example of considerate sharing of trails this is.

If only this philosophy could be extended to all users, then we might have a system something like they do in Scotland.

coastkid
    Free Member

Horse endurance events often use public Rights of Way here in Scotland, Notices go up before hand and we watch out for them over the weekend, we just pull in and say hello and the riders say thanks back 🙂

We have a great system here indeed 🙂

1st Dec; 003 by coastkid71, on Flickr

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Came down Y2k last year when one event was on they were halfway towards the deer fence and me braking at the bottom on the stones s—t one of the horses and the woman went mad i was 100yards away from them.I think some of these horses are to jumpy to be on public rights of way a danger to the rider and the people around them.

davidxbrown
    Free Member

Link to route
    http://www.offasdykeegb.co.uk/forms/pdf-forms/March%20Hares%20Ride%20Map%202014.pdf

The event is affiliated to GB Endurance and one of the national rides, Horses have to pass vetting and the majority of riders will be very experienced, that said horses can do unexpected things so always best to make the rider aware 🙂

Multi use of the forest is the best way of keeping it open for all.

fozzyuk

The majority of the posts in this thread have almost restored a degree of humanity to my life

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think some of these horses are to jumpy to be on public rights of way a danger to the rider and the people around them.

Mr Pot & Mr Kettle to the forum please.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Horses in FoD this weekend – Sunday 2nd March’ is closed to new replies.