Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Horse Dropings
  • Caher

Last Sunday one of our group came careering around the corner on tarmac and slid 10 meters into a bush due to horse droppings. Now dog owners are required to pick this stuff up so why not horsey folk?

plant
    Free Member

'cause horsey folk own the country – thought that was obvious!

IanMunro
    Free Member

One of your group needs to learn how to corner then 🙂

tracknicko
    Free Member

10m of horse poo is pretty impressive. praps they dont take it home as they'd need to tow along a wheelie bin?

derek_starship
    Free Member

I think it's because horse poo isn't dangerous in a bacterial sense. Poo from carnivores; dogs, cats etc. is potentially very dangerous and can cause a potentially serious illness called toxoplasmosis. Symptoms can include brain inflammation, multiple organ failure. Not good to get and can also cause terrible deformity / disabilty in foetuses.

Horse poo is of course a slipping hazard as your mate discovered.

Harry_the_Spider

Unlike cat and dog poo horse poo is very good on rhubarb. Although I prefer custard.

glenp
    Free Member

Maybe they should count themselves lucky it was horse droppings they failed to have time to see rather than, say, a child. The operative phrase in the OP is "careering around"!

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

this is just funny. maybe if a bit of partially digested grass caused your mate to fall off, i think he should stick to riding on the road.

Harry_the_Spider

Tiger poo is very bad on the trails because…

1) It stinks
    2) There is a tiger on the trails

coffeeking
    Free Member

Double post

coffeeking
    Free Member

IIRC they do technically have to clear it up if it presents a hazard – I believe farmers can be "had" for dropping too much mud on the roads between fields too, but I think it's rarely acted upon.

http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2008/10/15/112645/NFU-Mutual-reminds-farmers-of-39mud-on-road39.htm

goldenwonder
    Free Member

*edit* removed as people will only moan at me

IanMunro
    Free Member

Did it involve burgers? 🙂

goldenwonder
    Free Member

No, involved irresponsible cycling & the danger it can potentially cause to other trail users 😉

derek_starship
    Free Member

Tiger poo is very bad on the trails because…

1) It stinks
    2) There is a tiger on the trails

3) You have inadvertently cycled all the way to Burma.

Harry_the_Spider

3) You have inadvertently cycled all the way to Burma.

I hate it when that happens.

djglover
    Free Member

You slipped on what is essentially digested wet grass, or as we commonly know it mud, on a mountain bike.

Get some skillz dude

Esme
    Free Member

At least horses are vegetarians – we have much nicer poo!

thepurist

Esme – how do you type with those hooves?

djglover
    Free Member

Damn those useless hands

westkipper
    Free Member

As an aside, why do people use that prudish, childish word 'POO' when talking about faeces/excrement?.
    You're all grown ups!, use the word 'sh*t' or 'crap'
    Isn't that much better? 😉

KT1973
    Free Member

glenp – Member
    Maybe they should count themselves lucky it was horse droppings they failed to have time to see rather than, say, a child. The operative phrase in the OP is "careering around"!

I don't know…..kids aren't usually that slippery

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

I bet this thread topic was the first thing on Pennyfarthingworld on the Charles Babbage computer….

glenp
    Free Member

I don't know…..kids aren't usually that slippery

No, but they can get caught in the spokes.

deluded
    Free Member

This thread has caused me to look at a deck of ‘Plop Trumps’ that were ungratefully received at Christmas.

Tiger – In the Vietnam conflict, the CIA made a listening device disguised to look exactly like a tiger poo to detect troop movements along the jungle trials during the fighting. It was successful because nobody wanted to pick up tiger poo. Yuk factor 9, Smelliness 10.

Horse – A horse produces about two tons of poo every year. Just over a century ago, in 1890, there were 200,000 horses in Central London alone. They pulled cabs, trams, busses and delivery wagons, creating 400,000 tons of poo each year. Yuk factor 4, Smelliness 6.

Nick

I might go vegetarian for a month to see what my poo is like.

Harry_the_Spider

Nick – Member
    I might go vegetarian for a month to see what my poo is like.

I think it will remain brown.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As an aside, why do people use that prudish, childish word 'POO' when talking about faeces/excrement?.
    You're all grown ups!, use the word 'sh*t' or 'crap'

'cos poo is a word that is inversely (to our age) amusing for an adult to use.

Also see 'snog' and 'boff'.

westkipper
    Free Member

What's wrong with 'horsie-number twos' then?

mandog

This has got me thinking about what a human vegetarian's poo looks like. Can we see some examples please?

westkipper
    Free Member

A vegetarian human's SH*T! still wouldnt be as innocent and non offensive as horseSH*T! as humans dont have the same kind of digestive system able to digest cellulose and other plant matter.
    Its all to do with the caecum, you see…

brakes
    Free Member

you see…

I'd rather not

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A few years ago I hit frozen horse poo on the trails – now that really was dangerous – cos it looked like a nice inoffensive horse poop but was like riding into a breeze block. Most unexpected.

To the OP – ride within limits. Won't somebody think of the children

Northwind

I see your problem and I certainly sympathise, so I would like to offer these words of advice to your "friend".

1) See hazards
    2) Avoid them

chameleon78
    Free Member

What a load of horse $hit! Horse $hit is not offensive, if your mate skidded on that then he does indeed need to learn to ride!

Heres a $hit story for you all….a while ago we were out riding and came across a Gypsy camp, so rather than 'risk' having our bikes nicked we took a sharp right up a freshly beaten track through some bracken. One of the lads commented about the amount of loo roll on the floor, it was then that we realised we were riding through the Pikey b@stards outdoor chodbin. Guess who had the fattest Pikey shit on his back tyre? moi. Through the gagging I tried to scrub the $hit off in some long grass and then proceeded to piss the remains off, I was so paranoid about having it spray off the tyre onto me. Dirty pikey B@stards! give me horse $hit anyday.

Please don't use the word 'droppings' ever!!

smiffy

I bet this thread topic was the first thing on Pennyfarthingworld on the Charles Babbage computer….

I'm Sure it was "Ordinarybicyclcleworld", penny-farthing being the edwardian slang equivalent of Saricin

And wasn't it a "comptometer"?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Make the owners clear it up with a spoon and eat it! Or make the horses wear crap catchers.

My worst none MTB accident was caused by a massive pile of horse shit right outside some stable gates on a shared use bike path/pavement.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Horse poo isn't inoffensive when the plop pile is hit at speed when you are whooping with joy. Gag-alicious

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you can't see a horse poop then you need to go to specsavers

kevonakona
    Free Member

Fast and dark and it was one of those roll off the top commando poo rounds.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Horse Dropings’ is closed to new replies.