Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Horror story with Maxxis High Rollers in mud episode II
  • ds3000
    Free Member

Dirty Dans = traction

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfMQdFGTKAs[/video]

lemonysam
    Free Member

He’s sliding around all over the place. Clearly terrible tread pattern.

I really can’t understand the tyre fetishism on here.

jason23
    Free Member

jesus that dudes flying!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bwaarp
    Free Member

Everyone keeps saying that about the Barons, I may have to give em a go Northwind….but I do like the weight of my single ply High Rollers for my AM bike….those Barons are quite heavy for non ust tyres arn’t they?

jambalaya
    Free Member

For me 2.5 dual ply HRs – solid, a known quantity – no punctures ever.

Tread design mean they like (need) to be leant over aggressively in tight fast corners – so for picking your way at slow/medium speed down a technical slippery trail in the wet I could see how they might not be ideal.

Anyway it’s always easiest to blame the equipment.

Northwind

bwaarp – Member

Everyone keeps saying that about the Barons, I may have to give em a go Northwind….but I do like the weight of my single ply High Rollers for my AM bike….those Barons are quite heavy for non ust tyres arn’t they?

They’re not light. And tbh they feel a wee bit insubstantial considering their weight, the sidewalls aren’t thin but they’re not thick either if you know what I mean. Never really sure where all the grams are.

I just looked up my tyre-fetish stuff and mine was way under the claimed weight, just over 750g. Not too shabby. I like ’em and I totally credit mine with the fact that I only crashed twice at the weekend, instead of millions of times :mrgreen:

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Another fan here,

The High roller is the best all round tyre for all conditions dust, mud roots snow rocks grass etc.
    2.35 60a s/p on the front dual ply on the back

I just leave them on all year

kharim
    Free Member

I’ve been riding a really old 1.9 and a 2.35 super tachy version and they are normally good for trails centres and downhill type stuff (not the skinny one) where the surface generally isn’t gloopy. However, to those of you rating this tyre as a good to great all-rounder for general riding to steep techy natural trails in muddy/gloopy conditions- seriously get a grip! Why would Maxxis make other types of tyres for those conditions if all you required was a High Roller? To those of you who say it’s due to poor riding technique- well it might be true for a few, but what is also true is that if you are a proper aggressive rider then look elsewhere as I guarantee this tyre will only reward you with a proper nightmare when faced with gloopy conditions.

ampthill

I don’think ayone is saying its the gloop master

just that as an all round tyre it does OK

Northwind

Yeah, someone doesn’t understand what “allrounder” means I think?

jam-bo

Or carries a change of tyres for those gloopy sections…

Embrace the drift people…

BrickMan

I thought high rollers were a summer hardpack tyre?

Dales_rider
    Free Member

High Rollers
    Had em rode em sold em
    Advantage yes in drier conditions
    Swampthings yes for mud but an Adrenalin front and Storm rear bestist

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

love the high rollers. if your the kind of rider to take your foot off the pedal as soon as your not 90 degrees then get a round tyre. but if you keep feet and body above the bottom bracket and turn into corners at speed then you will adore the high roller. it also is an amazing tyre on those climbs everyone thinks it’s not possible to ride up. I always use super tacky. unless Your racing the drag is not that much of an issue and builds legs.

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Horror story with Maxxis High Rollers in mud episode II’ is closed to new replies.