• This topic has 29 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • horror games that are bloody great.
  • racefaceec90

just started playing the remake of the original resident evil on 360 (basically the gamecube version i think). it still is fab 😀

also been watching playthroughs of the first 2 silent hill games.they still hold up great imho (and the storylines especially the 2nd game are a great argument for games not being just for kids).

just took out a zombie with a good headshot with jill valentine that i was chuffed with (the zombie’s head exploded like a popcorn in the microwave 😀

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Pl-SOmz9w[/video]

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Dead space and its sequel are ace. 3rd one is poop though.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Oh, and system shock 2 is legendary. Very dated now though.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I can’t even play a simple zombie shooter on my phone….

When I’ve run out of bullets and the zombies are chasing me… I honestly breakout in a cold sweat and my heart rate goes up.

What a wally 😆

D0NK

RE 1 2 and 3, liked 3 coz there was a bit more to it, dodging, interacting with objects (mainly exploding barrels) and the missions for upgrades. 1 was good at the time but now seems dated – I’m a leet special ops team member and I can just about manage a gentle jog and can only shoot standing stock still…?
    been meaning to replay 2
    survivor mleh
    veronica seemed a step back after 3, played a hour or so and binned it off, never got around to trying 4.
    Not got the rest

SH creeped me out big time, played it through a couple times tho

I get very tense play survival horror games – seems Im not the only one ro5ey 🙂

<edit> just remembered, first time I saw RE was at my mates him playing (for first time) a few of us watching, big telly, surround sound, we all jumped/freaked at various points, made quite an impression

lowey

Have to say that for an old Game, Doom 3, played in a dark room with headphones on is hard to beat for shock value.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Played through doom 3 and the resurrection of evil expansion recently on up to date hardware, using sikkmod etc. Good to look at and fun up to a point, but ultimately still as hollow as it always was.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

What used to get me really creeped out playing was Half-Life.

On the PC. Living alone. Out in the sticks. In the dark. In the night. Jumpy? Wassat???

Tbh looking forward to VR getting up to speed, just imagine the horror games of the future?!

D0NK

Have to say that for an old Game, Doom 3,

doh, was just thinking about reinstalling that the other day

played in a dark room

no chance!
    They did kinda do the
    BANG!
    Oh it was just a steam pipe, phew, calm down.
    arrrgh monster!

thing to death tho

lemonysam
    Free Member

what used to get me really creeped out playing was Half-Life.

Crawling through a vent and encountering a headcrab made me jump so hard I split my knee open on the underside of the desk.

chambord
    Free Member

People will slate me for this but I always thought Eternal Darkness on the gamecube was brilliant.

llama

I liked dead space

Currently playing Alien Isolation. Lots of hiding in cupboards trying to work out if the alien is nearby. Very tense and unforgiving.

hatter

Whilst you could debate whether it could really be classed as ‘horror’ the one game that’s really turned me into a nervous wreck is Metro: Last Light.

Constant feeling of imminent death.. check
    Rich, oppressive atmosphere.. check
    Horrific monsters jumping out at you… check
    Vulnerable, very human protagonist…. check
    Absurdly tense set-pieces.. check

Stunning game, a refreshing antidote to chest thumping power shooters, thoroughly recommended.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Not the frooooogs!!!!

[video]http://youtu.be/3y-DUneEDjA[/video]

sobriety
    Free Member

I really enjoyed Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, Silent Hill 1 and 2 were really creepy too.

Danny79
    Free Member

F.E.A.R. series is good, jumping in seat as the tiles start popping off the walls or panic firing at shadows…

klumpy
    Free Member

Left for Dead, with that witch zombie, you can hear her crying – somewhere, and go very slowly and deliberately wondering where the hell she is, then usually a rush of zombies has you ending up running straight into her.

The town of Ravenholm in Half Life 2 has its moment as well.

The ghost of Alma in F.E.A.R. appearing at the top of the ladder…

richmtb

Dark Souls and Dark Souls II.

They aren’t stricly horror games but by god are they unsettling.

Its bastard hard for a start and everything in the game is trying to kill you. Exploring a new area where you have no idea what enemies or traps are waiting properly gives you the willies.

But that’s nothing compared to the stone cold fear of trying to get back to the spot where you just died and dropped 30,000 souls, if you die on the way they are lost forever.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Last night I posted “how good was Resident Evil 4”

How bizarre!

Oh and Sient Hill 2 was incredible.

If you have a current gen (Xbox one, PS4) download the PT demo (it’s the new Silent Hill game). It’s very scary.

Cougar

PT?

Northwind

I loved Resi 2. Very nearly made me shit myself with the birds (I fell completely off my seat at one point) STAAARRRRRSSSS

martinhutch

The town of Ravenholm in Half Life 2 has its moment as well.

Or the basement full of zombies (and no lights) in HL2 part one.

wolly
    Free Member

The Evil Within is worth a look

patriotpro
    Free Member

chambord – Member
    People will slate me for this but I always thought Eternal Darkness on the gamecube was brilliant.

Why?! ED is one of the best horror games ever – absolutely brilliant!

F.E.A.R got poor reviews at the time but I really enjoyed playing it.
    Dead Space 2 was superb also.

loddrik
    Free Member

Resident Evil 4. Best horror ever.

Alien Isolation looks pretty good though!

mtbel
    Free Member

The Evil within. is better than Resident Evil 4.

mtbel
    Free Member

Metro: Last light is alright but not very scary.

The Last of us is brilliant but only a little scary.

ashweee
    Free Member

If you’ve got a ps4 I highly recommend pt, it’s a freebie in the demo section of the psn store and it’s by far the scariest thing I’ve ever played.

ji
    Free Member

I still rate Eternal Darkness as one of the best games ever.

Drac

Currently enjoying Dying Light.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxXBlTCKakQ[/video]

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘horror games that are bloody great.’ is closed to new replies.