Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Horrifying news.
  • tron
    Free Member

Witness figure 2.2 on page 16 of this PDF:
    http://www.pwc.co.uk/pdf/ukeo_jul2010_complete.pdf

Disturbingly, it suggests that TJ is correct in his statements about the size of public sector employment.

On the other hand, the next page has a paragraph saying that public sector cuts won't cause the end of the world 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cellar is well stocked, so let's have your orders, chaps.

matt_outandabout

*pulls up chair*

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Hmm, I quite fancy a cheeky Pinot Noir tonight.

*settles into comfy armchair

Stoner
    Free Member

no distinction between public private and quasi public employment which has been classed as private even though it's delivering state funded services (i.e. council refuse services, National Rail, public sector services administered by the likes of Capita etc.)

No information as to how they are measuring employment? by hours, percentage of jobs by No., adjustment for part and full time work?, total wage bill would be more useful too.

* working my way through a case of exceedingly disappointing 2005 St Emillion that I cant be bothered to move to the new house.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good to see you again, oh Cheesy Footed one. Large glass I assume?

tron
    Free Member

no distinction between public private and quasi public employment which has been classed as private even though it's delivering state funded services (i.e. council refuse services, National Rail, public sector services administered by the likes of Capita etc.)

That also stuck in my craw. A large amount of government spending is funnelled through the "third sector" – ie, charities. Very common for things like needle exchange programmes etc. which can be politically sensitive.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Oohh yes, large one please!

I'll wheel the cheeseboard out

cynic-al
    Free Member

OMG I'll fly in some Cuban cigars LOLLERCOPTERS

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can we have the cigars after the cheese? Perhaps over brandy?

Cheesy, any Stinking Bishop on the board?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

PORT all hail the PORT

OOOOOOooooooo with a brandy in???

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Horrifying news.’ is closed to new replies.